Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Remove Pinstriping? Change Pinstriping? What type? Help Me Decide

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 07:40 PM
Starting Member
HostileJava is on a distinguished road
Default Remove Pinstriping? Change Pinstriping? What type? Help Me Decide

Currently I have what I believe is factory or dealer vinyl pinstripes on my 4 door, it's a dark blue paint with what looks like brown and cream pinstripes. I don't really like them to begin with and they definitely don't fit with the whole theme of the truck that I have in mind although I guess they match the beige/cream leather interior. My question is should I remove them and leave them off or replace them with something else, I've always liked a clean looking car, almost every car I've owned has been debadged, blacked out the chrome, and removed any molding. However I do think that pinstriping looks good on larger vehicles, I'm just not a fan of what is currently on there, so that's def coming off with the help of my 3m wheel. I was thinking either a darker blue or black pinstrip or possibly black or white barbwire pinstriping. What do you guys think of that? Does anyone have this color truck with a different color pinstriping that you think looks good? I did some google image searches but didn't come up with much.

Attached Thumbnails Remove Pinstriping? Change Pinstriping?  What type?  Help Me Decide-imag0892%25255b1%25255d.jpg  
Old 09-03-2013, 07:45 PM
rexazz2 will become famous soon enough

I bought some reflective black pin stripe
I pin stripped my black motorcycle rims
Doesn't really stand out unless shot with light
I am sure they have lots of other colors

Old 09-24-2013, 01:10 AM
step66 is an unknown quantity at this point

Pinstriping that has been in place for a long time on dark colors will almost always leave a "shadow" Heck, some awful pinstriping on my white unit that I removed 4 years ago still shows in some light! Try to remove the current beige stripe w/o cracking into the clear and use a nice dark silver in the exact same location. Be patient in trying to break the old stripe free and be prudent in cleaning underneath it before re-striping.