Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Removed Emblems

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 08:05 PM
blznlowxtreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Removed Emblems

i like red cars w/o emblems, some colors look like you ahve not completed the bod work when they have no emblems

Old 03-18-2009, 01:12 PM
Beginning Member
blazeup03 is on a distinguished road

when you take it off does it leave holes in the doors?

Old 03-18-2009, 01:47 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Really depends on what you have??? Most all newer Blazer emblems are held on with adhesive.

Old 03-23-2009, 02:33 PM
Beginning Member
Xander2002 is on a distinguished road

if i have a 2002 will mine just come right off after heating it up?

Old 03-23-2009, 03:03 PM
deadbuzzard is an unknown quantity at this point

i know some of you may think im crazy... i just pulled off my door trim... i didnt do the emblems on the back... to tough to rip them off... then i sat there with wd40 and goo gone to remove the remainder of the tape that was left behind.... later a car wash... wahoo looks awsome

Old 03-23-2009, 03:08 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

All the trim will come off without holes EXCEPT for the front bumper (gray impact strip on some of them) and the endcaps on the sides of the rear bumper (but not all trucks have trim there anyways)

Heating up might help some but there will still be adhesive stuck to the car.

I've debadged most of mine in the last week. I still need to take off the LT badge on the doors and find some rear endcaps that fit properly.

http://mattdehoogh.com/pics/debadged

Old 03-25-2009, 10:28 AM
Beginning Member

so i have one problem, after removing the badges wont the paint underneath them look brand new compared to the faded paint on the rest of the body(wont it look weird)? i really want to do this anyway but im not sure what ill need, a hair dryer is that all?

Old 03-25-2009, 02:49 PM
deadbuzzard is an unknown quantity at this point

depends on which color really. mines white and it doesnt really show at all. the only reason you need the heat is to get the adheasive less sticky. soo anything really just be carefull not to heat it too much... but some have used a hair dryer or heat gun to heat the adheasive and ran a piece of fishing line (strong fishing line) to seperate it from the doors or where ever. although my guess is you will still have some adhesive tape left behind. so it is up to you as of which method you use...

Old 03-25-2009, 09:07 PM
Beginning Member

does this method also take off the dealership stickers?

Old 03-26-2009, 12:07 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Xander2002
so i have one problem, after removing the badges wont the paint underneath them look brand new compared to the faded paint on the rest of the body(wont it look weird)? i really want to do this anyway but im not sure what ill need, a hair dryer is that all?
Like deadbuzzard said, It depends on the color of the truck. Mine is bright red and if you get down at eye level and look for the difference, you will see it. It's not too bad though.

For my badges, I used some of those fake credit cards that come in the mail and some used gift cards to help scrape off the adhesive. The side trim on the doors is easier than the CHEVROLET and BLAZER on the back. Even though they're smaller, they're held on with more adhesive. I tried using a hairdryer but it didn't help too much. Just spray on some adhesive remover and let it sit for a bit and then start scraping, either with a plastic card or fishing line. I scraped a ton and there are no scratches in the paint. There will be adhesive that sticks to the doors and doesnt come off with the trim but just keep working on it.

I'll try and take a picture of the paint color difference on mine..

As for dealership stickers, mine was just a vinyl sticker that peeled off easily.

Quick Reply: Removed Emblems