Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Removing Chevrolet logo bar from tailgate

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 09:08 AM
Starting Member
JTalley is on a distinguished road
Question Removing Chevrolet logo bar from tailgate

I've been painting Neko, and I've run into a problem. I was trying to pry the Chevy logo off the tailgate, and it's stuck somehow. I've been using a knife to pry it, and it seems like it is bolted as the knife won't go through certain places. How can I remove it?

Old 10-04-2010, 10:16 AM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

i should just be sticky double sided tape like stuff. I usually fishing line to take my badges off

Old 10-04-2010, 11:32 AM
CNYCountryKidd is on a distinguished road

^ that

use a decent strength line and some goo-gone since your scraper isn't working for you

Old 10-04-2010, 01:08 PM
step66 is an unknown quantity at this point

The fishing line trick is a GREAT idea! Here's how I did mine: I swiped one of my wifes
soft (yet firm) icing spreaders (similar to an auto body filler spatula) and used liberal amounts of WD-40! worked like a charm and didn't hurt the paint! My Jimmy is white and a buddy's is dark green,when he de-badged his there was a "ghost"image of the badges as his paint apparantly had faded over 13 years. Just take your time...

Old 10-04-2010, 05:29 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Yeah all of the above will work. The older the car, the harder to get off I'd imagine. Mine's a '98 and it took me quite a while to get all the badges off. When I used fishing line/scrapers, it just pulled the emblem off but not the tape and I spent forever peeling off the tape.

After you finish painting, you should put on current-style badges ↓↓↓↓

Old 10-04-2010, 08:34 PM
96chevblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

Use a hair drier to heat up that double sided tape, makes it way easier to get off!!, i jus de-badged my blazer.... an goo gone isnt that great, doesn't work like you think it would. At least it didn't for me. But Good Luck, easy job but makes your tailgate look so so mmuch better.

Old 10-04-2010, 09:50 PM
Starting Member
JTalley is on a distinguished road

I may wanna point out that I don't really care if it messes up the paint, I'm needing it off so that I can paint that part of the tailgate without having to mask all those little letters...