Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Repainted grill

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 08:00 PM
turtlehumper2000 is on a distinguished road

here it is on the truck sorry took so long been working on another top secret install will let ya ll know when im done you might be able to see it in this pic. Next im gonna paint the3 bumper where the previous owner used it as a battering ram. All in all it turned out really good after i used a better clear.

Old 07-23-2009, 08:28 PM
2002XTREME is an unknown quantity at this point

looks good... That poor bumper!!!! what the hell hit that thing? I see yellow wires, I say driving lights somewhere??? Change the color of the bowtie the flat black just isnt doing it.. i know its your truck but when i paint stuff, i paint to be noticed.. Just my 2 cents..if you want a set of custom painted turn signal lenses done just holler.........you just need to send me those lights so i can do them and i`ll get them back to you asap...

Old 07-23-2009, 08:49 PM

Thanks for the offer but im just gonna smoke my signals. im kinda going with the blue and flat black look. And its not lights im more of a more go less show guy lol.

Old 07-24-2009, 02:57 AM
foxxie is on a distinguished road

Oh, and I also painted the headlamp surround on my lights. Black, not green! LOL[/quote]

You would of had to throw some greens at it before you goy it black.LOL

Old 07-24-2009, 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by kiwiblazer
I actually took the chrome strip off the grille before painting mine.
I don't know what colour black my truck is but I found a gloss "Midnight Black" "touch up" spray & it looks absolutely stock.
I guess too that black is an easier colour to work with. I gave it about 4 clear coats.

Oh, and I also painted the headlamp surround on my lights. Black, not green! LOL
You would of had to throw some greens at it before you got it black.LOL

''Sorry about the double post,still learning''

Old 07-24-2009, 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by turtlehumper2000
here it is on the truck sorry took so long been working on another top secret install will let ya ll know when im done you might be able to see it in this pic. Next im gonna paint the3 bumper where the previous owner used it as a battering ram. All in all it turned out really good after i used a better clear.
Looks great!

Old 07-24-2009, 11:32 AM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

That grill looks fantastic! It also looks like you painted the headlight bezels. I know what I'm going to do in a couple weeks!

Old 07-25-2009, 06:57 PM
blazerguy22 is an unknown quantity at this point

looks good i may know about the not shiny tho. how long did you wait between paint and clear that can have some effect

Old 07-26-2009, 11:48 PM

Just smoked the turn signals and tail lights today. They are awesome and i checked to see if you can see em at night and they work fine. all i did was use the car paint from advanced mix 10% black with 90% clear.
Next project is repainting that bumper.

Old 07-27-2009, 12:08 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Looks good... it's too bad it's so hard to match paints. You can see the strip is a little lighter than the rest. I still love it though. If the chrome on my grille wasn't integral to the look I was going for I'd be spraying mine to match like you did.

Good job.

Can I ask what happened to the bumper? looks like it got backed into a couple of times, or did you go bulldozing through some brush? lol

Quick Reply: Repainted grill