Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Replacement Parts

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2014, 04:38 AM
1992ChevyBlazer is on a distinguished road
Default Replacement Parts

Hello,
I am in search of advise.
My blazer has a lot of rust. at least it looks like it does. Haven't washed it yet. I am looking at going to lmc truck for body panels due to the fact I cant find some of the panels I need else wear.

List of parts im looking at
Rear 1/4 Panels for both sides, the larger panel on there site
Rocker panels Both sides
Both front fenders
both front door shells
Body mount kit or possible body lift kit.
And maybe a radiator core support

My question is, Have any of you used body parts from them?
I bought a set of SS Trans Cooler Lines that were pre-bent for my ol 89 K1500.. they were perfect, no problems.

Thank you for reading. Any advice would be helpful.
Just as a heads up. I am working on getting parts to tear it down to the frame.. Father son project.

Old 03-02-2014, 11:14 AM
07nhbpsi is on a distinguished road

Honestly can't answer that one, however they are a very known name!!!! my guess is u will be fine with their parts.....I've heard that name for many many yrs!!! Good luck

Old 03-02-2014, 08:38 PM
Beginning Member
Grandpaswagon is on a distinguished road

Wow. With a list like that for replacement parts, you are going to have a lot more into the truck then it will be worth when you are done. That is a lot of cutting, fitting, welding and filling to get it all ready for paint.

I understand that this is going to be a father/son project, but what is your overall experience level for welding and doing body work? I have seen more than one father/son project similar to what you are looking at, only to come undone once the real extent of the damage and costs to fix came to light.

What do you want the end result to be? Are you looking at building a wheeling rig, or a daily driver for school/work?

Anyway, best of luck on the project and have some fun with the kids while you can.

Old 03-12-2014, 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by Grandpaswagon
Wow. With a list like that for replacement parts, you are going to have a lot more into the truck then it will be worth when you are done. That is a lot of cutting, fitting, welding and filling to get it all ready for paint.

I understand that this is going to be a father/son project, but what is your overall experience level for welding and doing body work? I have seen more than one father/son project similar to what you are looking at, only to come undone once the real extent of the damage and costs to fix came to light.

What do you want the end result to be? Are you looking at building a wheeling rig, or a daily driver for school/work?

It was planned on it being a learning/memory truck. I know it needs a lot and I have a body shop down from my mom that I have been seeing to learn it. He said I am getting better but you will never be perfect at it... no one will be. I am wanting to learn body and he has thought me a lot. So as for the extent of it, it is a daily driver for now.. fixing quirks as I go. E overall plan is just a learning lesson. I know I will have more into it than its worth... but I plan on having it awhile...

Anyway, best of luck on the project and have some fun with the kids while you can.

As for what it will be used for, fishing/showing/learning.
I have some body work experience thank to a good family friend who has done it for 30+years... can't recall egsactly how long.
He has been teaching me in my free time while the wife has the little one.
Project length, many years... not a 1 year project..
I got it to drive while I work on it. I plowed with it this past winter and I drive it regularly.

If you want to know more just ask... starting with the neglected parts... not body yet.

Old 03-12-2014, 02:10 AM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

LMC.com yes decent stuff

Old 03-12-2014, 06:47 AM

Thank you new guy, all I have ordered from lmctruck was a set of ss trans cooler lines and a door lock set for my oil 89 1500 plow truck.. fit great no issues but I only put 28 miles on them before I sold it.. just trying to figure out if they are worth buying..

Old 03-12-2014, 07:11 AM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Never heard any bad reviews on them, good luck