Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Replacing Grille

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 09:06 AM
Senzu21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Replacing Grille

I have a 2000 Blazer LS 4DR 4x4. Part of the upper grille broke, not sure how. Is this a one piece grille?

Were would I get a replacement? I looked around and for $20 more I could get a metal grilly, but do not know how it would work. Do I cut the silver piece with the chevy tie off or does it come off seperately? Would this work?http://www.performanceproducts4truck...+Billet+Grille

Thanks

Old 02-18-2007, 11:06 AM
nofear17bmx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Replacing Grille

Yea that entire front girl thing is one piece. There are just clips holding it on so if you pull on that entire piece it will come off. The orage lights at the bottom are connected so once you pull it off you just need to unclip the wires to it. Very easy to replace. I bought a brand new one off ebay for $70 including shipping.

Old 02-18-2007, 06:50 PM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about

[ol]Open the hood.
Remove the grille by pulling it forward out of the radiator support.
Disconnect the headlamp washer filler hose from the grille.
Remove the park/turn signal bulb assembly from the lens.
Remove the fog lamp bulb assembly from the lens.
Remove the park turn signal lamp/fog lamp assembly from the grille.[/ol]

Old 02-18-2007, 08:17 PM
speeddemon560 is an unknown quantity at this point

You cannot buy those inserts to replace the broken piece, you needa whole new grille.
Here's one on eBay. It's $95 altogether.

Here's an all chrome grille. It's the factory style, just chrome plated. It's nice. It's $85 plus shipping.

Old 02-18-2007, 11:40 PM
Dabber is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep whole new piece. Sucks HUH

Old 02-19-2007, 02:54 AM
ChicagoBlazer is an unknown quantity at this point

damn that sux i wanted to get some chrome inserts for my grille. just to replace the black crap.

ARGHHH!! [:@]

Old 02-20-2007, 10:39 AM
guywm25 is an unknown quantity at this point

My grille broke and was worried about replacing it. I found a grille on ebay, like the others decribed . I too was concerned about how to replace it. I found it to be very simple to replace, by just find the bolts, clips and wiring it took meabout 25 minutes to fix. good luck. It is really very simple. just be careful pulling the old clips to reuse them. And yes you want to save the bow tie. All it is, is two quick nuts that can also be reused.

Old 02-20-2007, 03:48 PM
20Blazer00 is an unknown quantity at this point

Be careful with those quick nuts on the bowtie, I tried to remove my bowtie to replace with new one form e-bay and when I tried to rotate it off it broke the tab in the bow tie. So a friend and I made areplacement out of diamond plate...it now fits with a little pressure..been in for more than 6 months...

Old 06-16-2007, 12:34 AM
Psychropod is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey, Team...

I have a question about the chrome grille. I recently purchased this one off Ebay, but I was under the impression that it was actually chrome (metal). Turned out it was plastic with a chrome-colored paint. It seems really cheaply made. Are they all like that?!?

A quick reply would be great, as I still have a couple of days to get a refund. However, if they're all like that, then I guess I should just quit while I'm ahead. It looks beautiful, but I'm concerned about whether it can stand the engine heat and rocks (case in point - the poor guy with a hole in his grille who posted above). Worst case scenario: I can always reinstall the old '96 grille it's replacing.

As usual, thanks for all the help!

Raphael

Old 06-16-2007, 01:53 AM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

I don't believe it's supposed to be chrome plated metal. Plastic is the best you're gonna get, it does look good though. Hopefully it will stand up to everyday road conditions for you.

Quick Reply: Replacing Grille