Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

ROCK CRAWLER BUMPER!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 07:10 PM
amazinnblazin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Rock crawler bumper!!!

Ok, so after an extremely long and painful search to find the "just right" off road bumper and how to mount it to my 01 4dr, i have found only one Tube bumper, the Smittybilt SRC for 2007-08 Jeep JK Wranglers, it is between 70 and 74 inches long (more than enough to cover the front end and a new excuse for pissed off fender flares! And Synergy Offroad has a hidden winch mount that will mount directly to the frame rails of and ZR2, and with a couple of more holes, directly to the frame of any Blazer. I will post more info and pics as the transformation begins!

*EDIT* did not use the synergy winch mount, the Smittybilt has one on it...

Last edited by amazinnblazin; 09-06-2009 at 08:37 PM.
Old 10-23-2008, 04:38 PM
Default TRANSFORMATION PICS (CUSTOM BUMPER)

Ok, so i bought a Smittybilt SRC bumper for 07+ JK Wranglers, and the local steel shop is going to fab up some mounts for it to fit on my Blazer. As for removing the bumper, i didn't follow instruction given, i was able to remove nothing but the bumper (not the entire grille assembly, and it only took about 1/2 hour.) Anyway, here are pics of what the blazer looks like wrecked, without the bumper, and now a bunch of dif. angles on the Smittybilt Bumper http://community.webshots.com/album/567826880UOiCkG . Let me know if anyone want measurements or anything off of it, cause its going on the blazer next Tuesday (10/28). [8D]

Old 10-23-2008, 05:51 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future
Default RE: TRANSFORMATION PICS (CUSTOM BUMPER)

Combined with your NEWSFLASH! pointer thread, there are now three threads with the exact same thing...

Bumper looks nice though. It will be interesting to see how the Jeep bumper looks on the Blazer

Old 10-23-2008, 06:24 PM

only 2 threads, i started this new one as a photo guide and for ? peeps might have, i spent forever researching so i thought i would save someone the trouble

Old 10-23-2008, 07:56 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

I'm also a little interested to see how that fits on the blazer.

Old 10-23-2008, 08:09 PM
Blazin NC is an unknown quantity at this point

Same here... lets see what it looks like on... Nice bumper

Old 10-23-2008, 08:12 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Matt...lets trade front valences. Mines only minorly cut up for a body lift

Old 10-23-2008, 09:59 PM

It will mount under the frame rails where the tow hooks are, and another piece welded to the top of the frame, which come out, meet, and go up enough to hold the bumper right where it will look best

the front valance from the stock bumper appears ok, i will check it out more if anyone is interested, and can post pics

Old 10-29-2008, 11:56 PM
Default ROCK CRAWLER bumper engaged!

So the bumper is mounted to the frame now, pics tomorrow! And basically since the frame horns were bent and useless anyway, for a better fit we ended up notching the frame horns (that horn looking piece sticking up from the front of your frame rails where the bumper bolts on) and cutting back that ridiculous air scoop wannabe that pushes air to the radiator. It matches the body line and the upper "hoop" bar pretty much covers the silver sides of the bowtie piece, the fogs and turns are underneath by the bottom "hoop". SWEET!! i finally feel like the process has begun!

Old 10-30-2008, 01:54 PM
Default PICS finally!! smittybilt bumper on 01 Blaz

OH it looks so good installed ( http://good-times.webshots.com/album/567826880UOiCkG ) Tell me what you think!!!

Quick Reply: ROCK CRAWLER BUMPER!!!