Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Runnning Boards

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 08:41 PM
tjwiens91@hotmail.co is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Runnning Boards

Ill try my blazer is pretty stock but when i get money ill be doing some major stuff to it.

Old 03-07-2008, 08:51 PM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

Right on, what kind of plans do you have for it??? Is it a 2wd or a 4wd???

Old 03-07-2008, 08:55 PM

It is a 4wd. I was going to put a body lift but then was informed that they dont make anything bigger than a 2" for my year of blazer, now i plan to either out on a 2" suspension lift so i can run 31's or to just get bigger tires an run stock suspension. But im only 16 an money is tight really tight hopefully by the end of summer ill have it all completed, ready for another Minnesota winter

Old 03-07-2008, 08:58 PM
BF Veteran

ORIGINAL: tjwiens91@hotmail.co

It is a 4wd. I was going to put a body lift but then was informed that they dont make anything bigger than a 2" for my year of blazer, now i plan to either out on a 2" suspension lift so i can run 31's or to just get bigger tires an run stock suspension. But im only 16 an money is tight really tight hopefully by the end of summer ill have it all completed, ready for another Minnesota winter
Whoa did you just say minnesota, were at in minnesota are you at???? I am originally from minnesota, I was born in stillwater and partially grew up in bayport!! I now live in phx, AZ which I like but I miss minnesota alot!! But as far as a body lift you can make a taller body lift just have to get the right metal for the mounts!!!

Old 03-07-2008, 09:04 PM

I live in Oronoco about 6 miles from rochester. Well im not the best mechanic takin some auto mechanics classes now, but i feel like putting on a suspensionlift would be alot easier that putting on a body lift. Kinda wanna do this myself to teach myself ( if that made sense) an i have access to a a wheel machine so i can buy tires an put them on the rims myself. yeah winters been bad this year, were just hopin spring will come soon

Old 03-07-2008, 09:18 PM
BF Veteran

A suspension lift will teach you alot about turnin a wrench, and it would be a do it yourself as far as putting on the kit!! I know the winter has been a bear my dad lives up there still in north st.paul and said its been a crappy winter!! But how big of a suspension lift you thinking of puttin on just a 2inch shackle in the rear and torsion crank front???

Old 03-07-2008, 09:19 PM

I found a 2" Suspension lift for about 450 online thinkin about that.

Old 03-07-2008, 09:23 PM
BF Veteran

Yea thats not bad, it should include new torsion keys and shackles and possibly an add a leaf !! Whatever you do just look at what your working on its not hard to do anything on a vehicle. If you look at the part and were its supposed to go it is simple!! If you get frustrated and confused just let us know and we can assist you with what you need help with!! Also taking pics and having them posted along with your vehicle information is a plus on the forum!! Just a few pointers for you!!

Old 03-07-2008, 09:31 PM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute

ORIGINAL: tjwiens91@hotmail.co

I found a 2" Suspension lift for about 450 online thinkin about that.

You can find way cheaper than that. my 6 inch lift was going to cost cheaper than that. Crank the front with t-bars and get some shackles for around 80 bucks and you will be grand.

Old 03-07-2008, 09:47 PM

I got a neighbor that very savy when its comes to vehicles, he says that blazers lifted are very tippy. that true? i guess i really dont know what to decide i guess i would like to get whats going to the easiest an best thing for me. still dont know what to do.

Quick Reply: Runnning Boards