Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Rust on Exterior

Old 08-24-2015, 11:10 PM
Starting Member
Celticlune is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Rust on Exterior

I have a 2000 Blazer with rust around the tire wells and the paint on the rear bumper is beginning to bubble and boil lol Any tips on how I should go about the repair and prevention of this condition?

Old 08-25-2015, 01:02 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

If it is not a hole, I would fix it right away.. Get a grinder and grind the rust and bubbles away until there is clean shiny metal. Then spray some good self etching primer over it and match the paint the best you can.

Old 08-25-2015, 03:23 PM
Starting Member
Arrow Extra Intel

So I do have holes present and some of the rust is in some unique areas. Picture speak well over a 1000 words so I'll let them do the rest of the talking.
Here's the link:
Rust - Album on Imgur

Old 08-25-2015, 06:12 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

The bumper is easily replaced, so is the fender, that would be your best bet for those.

As for the area above the rear wheel.. not an easy place to fix rust.

That will need to be cut out and replaced with some good metal.
They MIGHT sell that part of the body on LMC truck .

Old 08-26-2015, 11:42 AM
Starting Member
Default Sadly

Sadly, LMC Truck doesn't have the parts for my vehicle. I believe I'll start with your first recommendations, what would you suggest be done about the hole? I'm going to start another thread that I'll link in this one, but another issue I'm having is with the driver auto window: It was working normally then one day it stopped working, then 3 months later it started working again, but only rolls down 2 or so inches then makes a loud clicking noise. When I roll it back up it will close, but makes the loud clicking noise again once it has closed all the way. Do you know what this is? How it can be fixed?

I was thinking it might take replacing the rack and the motor, but that might be the extreme. Fuse is not blown...

THANKS FOR HELPING

Old 08-26-2015, 05:29 PM
BF Veteran

Bumper found here
Truck Parts and Truck Accessories

Fender found here
Truck Parts and Truck Accessories

As for the wheel well arch with the holes (above the rear wheel) the only real way to stop it is cut it out and put new metal in.

Old 08-26-2015, 05:36 PM
Starting Member
Default I see clearly now,

I don't know what I was searching, but I'm glad you found the parts. I agree that replacing them is going to be the best way to get rid of the rust, can you tell me: on the new parts, are they made out of plastic? (why are they black?)

Old 08-26-2015, 05:49 PM
BF Veteran

They are metal, they are black because they are primered