Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Sagging door...

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 07:37 AM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road
Default Sagging door...

I've mentioned a couple of times that my door has been sagging. It has only gotten worse in the past month. I'm having problems opening and closing the driver door, and the hinge is worn in a way that the door is leaning a little to the outside while the door is closed,andit doesn't make enough contact with the door switch to turn off the interior light.

I'm gonna go to a body shop this week to schedule a time to get it fixed, but the body shop said that the door would have to be taken off and a new hinge would have to be welded to the frame of the vehicle and then painted..Heshowed me what he's gonna have to doand it really doeslooks like its worn too far for just a hinge pin to fix it....
Any thoughts?

Old 11-07-2007, 08:28 AM
DetroitMuscle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Sagging door...

Replace the hinge, that and check to make sure your door skins are still pinched together right.

Old 11-07-2007, 01:24 PM
blazin97 is on a distinguished road

Its always wothe the $20 to try a hing pin and if that doesnt fix it then spen the $800 to get it fixed at the body shop.

Old 11-07-2007, 02:30 PM
BF Veteran

WTF? Is it really 800 bucks? dang... I'll have to see if the comprehensive insurance will cover it. I might have to replace the dented back bumper too if it does. Replace it with a nice rollpan!

Old 11-07-2007, 07:30 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

I doubt comprehensive would cover it since it was not caused by an act of god. Plus you'll most likely have to pay some type of copay.

Old 11-07-2007, 08:02 PM
03blazer is an unknown quantity at this point

i had to get my pins replaced on my driver door. i paid 125 for it. Hopefully that will do the trick for you.

Old 11-07-2007, 08:04 PM
BF Veteran

I'm gonna checkwith my great aunt andsee whether it'll be covered. My great aunt is thenationwide agent, and she's really nice to me :-)
I know the bumper will be, it was damaged when an idiot in the parking lot backed into it. I know the guy that does the insurance work at the body shop and he'll stick a rollpan on and say its a replacement as long as I pay the price difference.
There is definately gonna be a deductible in there tho...

*edit*
The hinge pins will not do the trick for this one. Not for long anyway.

Old 11-07-2007, 08:17 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

There is definately gonna be a deductible in there tho...
Deductible... thats the word I was looking for (copay is for when you go to the doctor).

Good luck on getting it all fixed up. I backed into a hill offroading and dented my rear corner bumper, but it looks like someone backed into it, maybe I should get the insurance pay for it (I think that might be covered under total coverage or collision, which I don't have). So now I am just driving around without a rear corner bumper piece, looks more off road like .

Old 11-07-2007, 09:45 PM
Starting Member
FRICKINNUTS is an unknown quantity at this point

Suicide doors. Gonna put new hinges anyway right :-)

Old 11-08-2007, 02:52 AM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

Suicide doors lol thats a good one! It will only look good if it was a 2 door!! But yea just have the body shop put new hinges on to fix that sagging door!!

Quick Reply: Sagging door...