Seating - Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Old 04-08-2018, 10:26 AM

Zach Downs is on a distinguished road
Question Seating

Was wandering if anyone has ever tried to put a jump seat in the cargo area of the late S-Series blazers and if switching the front seats to a split bench seat like some have in their S10 pickups? Would the split bench be worth while? I was planning to put the jump seat directly across from my cargo cover towards the rear of the fender-well to both take up wasted space and to give said passenger the most leg and head room possible. Would any of this be legal? Is it worth while? I have other ideas for cargo storage that will handle the fact of a person in the way so that ain't an issue. Please help!
Old 04-08-2018, 09:00 PM

N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

Blazen_red_4x4 installed the split bench in his blazer. The bolts line up, but it does leave an opening in the carpet where the center console was.
As for the rumble/jump seat, or what have you, I have not seen anything like that in an S-Series. Doesn't sound like the most legal thing, but that's coming from someone who used to ride in the cargo area of a Buick Roadmaster when I was little...and crawl in and out of the sliding rear window in a Luv truck with a topper.
Good luck, can't wait to see what you figure out.
Old 04-09-2018, 12:59 PM
BF Veteran

El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

You'll want to check the seat-belt regulations for your state/country if you're planning on adding a jump seat in the back. I'm not sure it would pass if you're planning on driving on roads.