Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Secret Compartment in 1996 Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 08:04 PM
sickrat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Secret Compartment in 1996 Blazer

Hello,

I just recently got a 1996 Blazer LS, I would like to know if anybody knows any good hiding spot's for valuables and stuff like that. Or... Does anybody know a good place where I can make a secret compartment, that will be easy to access?

Thanks!!!!

Old 05-02-2007, 08:12 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Secret Compartment in 1996 Blazer

Although I feel like I'm condoning illegal activities by suggesting this, I will say it anyway...

...I was just detailing the inside of my truck (2000) and found that the center console (main compartment) has a drop-in compartment. If you pull it out there's some space under there. I was actually thinking of storing some cash (away from the Wife's spendy hands) there. I'm not sure if the the 96 and 00 are the same though...

Just beware that if it IS for illegal purposes, I don't think it's airtight and therefore still susceptible to curious minds/noses.

Old 05-02-2007, 08:31 PM

Yes, I know of that spot.

To be honest with you it is to store my deck face piece so I dont have to bring it inside every night because I usually forget to bring it back out...

Old 05-02-2007, 10:48 PM
Starting Member
viper4559 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just put it in the glove box or maybe even right underneath your seat. As long as it is out of site, it will normally be assumed that it is not in the vehicle.

Old 05-02-2007, 11:25 PM

Yes, thats true. They found it last time.. so this time I am trying to be a little more careful... But I am probly just going to leave it in the house because I live in a apartment complex. So if my alarm goes off... I wont know until they are half way down the block becuase I wont hear it that good, big parking lot... Unless I find a better spot. I think under the center console drop box is good though.
If anybody has any other suggestions, please let me know.

THANKS!!!!

Old 05-03-2007, 07:17 AM
rabbit0102030 is an unknown quantity at this point

If you open the glove compartment, you will notice that the only thing that holds it in place is the bottom hinges and at the top a strong metal clip that can be bypassed. You can push down the rubber piece that catches against the clip to hold the door in place when it is open, and pull down on the door and it will swing all the way down to the floorboard. There is an area behind the compartment that is big enough to hold abundle of cash, radio face plate, and personal protection items.

Old 05-03-2007, 08:03 AM
Dabber is an unknown quantity at this point

HaHa Rabbit I thought I was the only one that would have thought about behind the Glovebox. I have a (tray) that sits in the center console I Stole it from my Extreme when I traded it in So I Have the deep on in there and the shallow one in that, open the lid and the only one you see it the shallow one. Better half doesn't know about either hidding spot.

Old 05-03-2007, 02:36 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

You can put it in the jack storage panel, or if you keep your back seats folded down, lift up the flap and stick it under there.
Also, the small panel between the vent and the dash bezel that can be popped out and you can put small things in there.

Old 05-03-2007, 10:54 PM
Starting Member
viper4559 is an unknown quantity at this point

Behind the glove box would be a great idea for ya. but correct me if I am wrong, I have a 2000 but I would assume it is the same as a 96. Rabbit said push down on the rubber stopper, well that wont do any good (unless I am missing a rubber stopper) I have a metal tab that stops the glove box from coming out all the way and I have to push up on that to flip it out. the only problem with that is if you have stuff in the glove box it wont stay there for long lol.

You could always get a 2 way alarm, that way you know when it is going off. I have a Crimestopper and I love it. All my wiring and control modules are behind the glove box as well :-)

Old 05-04-2007, 01:15 AM

yes in my blazer (1996) ... my glove box is different. i have one that stays stationary, and only the door swings down, not the compartment.

Quick Reply: Secret Compartment in 1996 Blazer