Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

shaved rear doors

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 01:43 AM
Rebels01blazer is on a distinguished road
Default shaved rear doors

ok so i have been adding stuff to this blazer since i got it in july 09 it was bone stock and i was driving down the street and seen a blazer with shaved door handles thought it wold bee cool but i dont now much about it still reading up on what all i would need but i was wanting to do just the rear doors for the 2 door look what do yall think and any anvice would be cool thanks here is a pic of what she looks like now.

Old 03-17-2010, 02:56 AM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

I don't know, it could be really cool but as always, you do what makes you happy and if it makes you happy, thats all that really matters

Old 03-17-2010, 06:54 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

If you were going to shave it then you'd have to shave everything IMO. It would look funny with just the back door handles done. I'd recommend doing all 4, and also the rear hatch release (if there is one) and the rear wiper. Make it totally clean if you're going to go there. Also debadge. Keep in mind when you shave you need to re-paint...so if you're going to do 1/2 of it you might as well do it all at once so you only have to paint it once.
Truck's looking good though. I like the cowl.

Old 03-17-2010, 12:00 PM

yeah i know it wold look a lot better fully shaved out just wanted to do it a little different. and i may remove the plastic molding from the sides and fender lips. i have removed the badges on the front doors and the hatch also i removed the rack of the top and got some caps to go over the screw holes. i recently got some m3 side mirrors for it ill put them on today.

Old 03-17-2010, 12:01 PM

also i am stuck on the door poppers should i go with a 35 pound or a 55 pound actuator

Old 03-17-2010, 12:35 PM
R3MiX is on a distinguished road

I'm not real familiar with the whole 'shaved door handle' thing, but if it were me, i would go with the 55lb actuators. wouldnt you want that extra strength to open the door?

Old 03-17-2010, 04:56 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

it also depends on how easy the doors open as it is, my passenger rear door is still stiff. even after more than a year of having it used almost every day by my son, and lubing the s**t outta it.

but R3MIX is right, it doesn't hurt to have the extra pull.

also what brand of poppers are you lookin @ getting? some are definately better than others.

Old 03-17-2010, 08:22 PM

spal has a nice 40lb actuator kits i may go through with if i cant find more info on th avs kit i was told of another kit that comes with the actuator mounted on its on brackets and all u have to do is run the wires and and get door handle filler plates but having trouble finding out the name of the kit. R3mix u are some what right the more push the better but i dont want to go and pop my door and it hit hard enough that it evently dents the tip of the door iv seen that happen before so thats y i wanted to ask around cause u can get acuators from 25lb to 85lb

Old 03-17-2010, 08:25 PM

thanxs sisk. also another reason y im wanting to shave just the rear doors is i dont want to be that guy that has to break a window to get back in my truck cause the battery went dead or what ever the case windows can get pricey also

Old 03-17-2010, 08:40 PM
hubert hefner is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Rebels01blazer
thanxs sisk. also another reason y im wanting to shave just the rear doors is i dont want to be that guy that has to break a window to get back in my truck cause the battery went dead or what ever the case windows can get pricey also

they make a emergency release kit for it too in case of a dead battery or you leave your keys in it by accident. most of the ones i have seen are either located behind the gas door or under the truck. Check out http://www.autoloc.com.

Quick Reply: shaved rear doors