Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Shawn's Interior Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 07:36 PM
DoubleSh0t is on a distinguished road
Default Shawn's Interior Thread

When I was looking for Blazers, I knew I wanted a black or blue one, preferably with the dark charcoal interior. When I came across mine, I couldn't pass it up even though it has the lighter interior. So, I'm going to change it myself. What I've decided to do is do a charcoal/gray two-tone look.

To start, I bought seats off of Benedict1337. They're in really nice shape and the driver's side is powered. I decided to stay with cloth because they were in my price range and I despise cold/hot leather seats. I unbolted my seats and rented a carpet cleaner from my local grocery store to clean everything while I had the seats out. The previous owner must have had kids because there was a lot of french fries and other nasty crap behind the rear seats. Gross.

The next hurdle was the driver's seat rails had a missing mount. I ended up drilling a hole through the floor to bolt it down securely. I used Grade 8 hardware so it's not moving in a crash. Anyway, here are the pics. I'm really happy with the results.

^^ my new bug guard.

Next up I will be accenting the interior pieces with charcoal paint to complete the two-tone look. What do you guys think?

Old 08-02-2010, 07:47 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Lookin Good!!!!!!

Old 08-02-2010, 08:15 PM
sgp7679 is on a distinguished road

do you have before pics? you shoulda just replaced the carpet while you had the seats out.

Old 08-03-2010, 08:46 AM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

after being cleaned, the carpet looks good. i like the two tone idea. my neighbors 02 suburban is two toned and i like it. good luck

Old 08-03-2010, 02:14 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

I also like the 2 tone look. Very nice I say!

Old 08-03-2010, 07:18 PM
DoubleSh0t is on a distinguished road

Thanks for all the comments so far

Originally Posted by sgp7679
do you have before pics? you shoulda just replaced the carpet while you had the seats out.
I don't think I have any before pics - they were just gray manual seats. Didn't do the carpet because that was out of my budget, and I didn't think it would look right unless I did the headliner too.

Old 08-03-2010, 09:56 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

well, my 04 black interior has your carpet color headliner so its two toned in theory from the factory.

do you plan on changing out the center console pieces to black? like the arm rest and such while leaving the carpet on it the standard?

Old 08-05-2010, 07:57 AM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

hey those seats look familiar. haha looks good

Old 08-06-2010, 02:06 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

looking good. I've done the charcoal & tan (cloth to leather) conversion. Got the leather ones for free - hence the two tone.

I'm needing a new carpet soon but down here this will have to be custom made. Nowhere to import from for LHD.

Old 08-06-2010, 07:08 AM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

Those seats... wow look comfortable!

Quick Reply: Shawn's Interior Thread