Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Side View Mirror Recomendations?

Old 01-13-2010, 09:35 PM
Cassus Kagal is on a distinguished road
Default Side View Mirror Recomendations?

Hello! I'm new to modifying my Blazer, I've had it a while but haven't done too much to it besides adding a K&N filter charger kit, so I don't really know too much about replacement parts for cars. I've been having a lot of problems with the right hand side view mirror. The problem has been there since we bought it new, but lately it's escalated. The mirror is very very shaky, even on smooth roads, and when I'm on the interstate it almost looks like it'll snap off. We've had it replaced a few times by repair places, but the regular Chevy mirror always ends up doing this. So now I'm looking for something aftermarket.

Do you of you have recommendations for me? I'd need something that is powered, and would prefer that it is not terribly expensive for the pair. I saw some that looked more aerodynamic on eBay, but I don't know how reliable of a source it is for parts. Any help you guys could offer would be great, thanks!

Old 01-13-2010, 09:42 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

Well if you are set on aftermarket, I can't help you.

is it the glass (cream filling) or the black part (Ho-Ho) that is shaking? if its the housing (black part) then VVV

if you have had new OEM mirrors put on, i would say your problem is where it mounts to your door. If the holes are wallowed out, not matter how new the mirror is, it will still be loose and shake. You can fix that fairly easily.

Old 01-13-2010, 09:56 PM

It's the black part, but I'm fairly certain the shaky-ness is after the joint. When we have it replaced, it usually works fine for a while, several months at least, but then it fails again. That's why I've gotten the impression that something aftermarket would be better. I'm gonna be putting a new CD deck in tomorrow though, so when I'm doing that I think I'll check on those mounting holes like you mentioned.

Old 01-13-2010, 10:07 PM
BF Veteran

If it is at the joint (the folding part) and not the seam (where it meets the door skin) then your problem is not a widened mounting hole/holes... while that is an odd failure, it is not impossible. it seems weird that it would come back with new mirrors though...

what style are you looking at as all say "aerodynamic"...
Like this
or more
like this

Old 01-13-2010, 10:08 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Mine started shaking at speed more than 35 mph and it bugged the crap outta me... But some unknown reason it stopped before hitting the deer.... idk...

Old 01-13-2010, 10:15 PM
BF Veteran

too funny!

Old 01-13-2010, 10:42 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Those street scenes you posted look nice, Curtis. I myself am looking at those in the future.

Old 01-14-2010, 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by ABN31B
If it is at the joint (the folding part) and not the seam (where it meets the door skin) then your problem is not a widened mounting hole/holes... while that is an odd failure, it is not impossible. it seems weird that it would come back with new mirrors though...

what style are you looking at as all say "aerodynamic"...
Like this
or more
like this
Yeah, I thought it was strange. And it only happens on the right side, making me wonder if it's just kids in my former neighborhood or what. I've not messed with it in several years though, it's still in place at this point but I can barely see anything in it unless the car's stopped.

The first ones are more of the style I saw, they're less "golf club" like but not like something off a race car per say. That's more around what I'm looking for.

This is the eBay set that I found, they don't have a listed brand but they're cheap.

Last edited by Cassus Kagal; 01-14-2010 at 12:26 AM.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:28 AM
Beginning Member
olei6085 is on a distinguished road

I found a pair of mirrors for my blazer on ebyha 32 dollars for the pair...ther powered also...http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...d=398451599014

Old 01-14-2010, 11:55 AM

Well, the link didn't work, it said the item was no longer listed. But have they held up for you pretty well?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Side View Mirror Recomendations?