Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

smoke your lenses

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 01:50 AM
nai0013 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default smoke your lenses

Anyone ever use the spray can smoked lens stuff? Did you love it?

Old 03-23-2007, 10:04 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road
Default RE: smoke your lenses

I have a funny story about that.
A friend of mine ha s a 01 Silverado and he tried that butthe guythat did itforhimdidn'ttake the headlights off the truck to do it. I bet he cussed for three hours trying to get the overspray off. It ended up looking good though, but if you ever have it done, tts permanent. Id just get lenses, but thats me.

Old 03-24-2007, 04:40 AM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute

I want to do this to my tails because i dont like the euro styles on the blazers at all. Stock and smoked i think would look the best.

Old 03-25-2007, 03:31 AM
twisted 6 is an unknown quantity at this point

And don't forget too take the headlights ortaillights off!!

Old 03-27-2007, 12:42 PM
Starting Member
jimbosv650 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ive got the GTO covers for the headlights and tailights. Its a pain to get them to stick at first because the supplied velcro sucks but once you do they look sick. And best of all IMO, they can be removed and re-applied with ease.

Old 03-28-2007, 04:28 PM
nai0013 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah I had the the 3m headlight protective put on my headlights, the stuff costs about 70 dollars a headlight.

Old 03-29-2007, 01:40 PM
Dabber is an unknown quantity at this point

I have the whole set of GTO covers for my truck, Headlights.lower marker, and tails. I have always liked these on other vehicles, But On my Blazer I like the whole front set-up but when you put them on the rear tails I think they sit "out" a bit far(they don't form completely like the others and you can see quite a bit of the lenses around the edges. So I took them off and hopefully this summer I am gonna try to use the spray tint and such on the back ones.

Old 03-29-2007, 10:21 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

you can modify the tails a bit, I shaved off 2mm oftheleg peicesand they don't stick out at all.

anyway, shouldn't this thread be in 'Appearance' instead of 'Intake and exhaust'?

Old 03-29-2007, 11:32 PM
iceflames11 is on a distinguished road

Anyone ever use the spray can smoked lens stuff? Did you love it?
I have used it before. Not sure which one you are talking about though cause I believe there is many different ones out there. I used something called "niteshades" I think. E-bay special! haha, anyways, I used it on the tails of my Venture and it turned out really good. Takes a couple coats of the stuff to get it right but it looks good. But if you ever wanna take it off.... good luck... lol.

Old 04-01-2007, 03:57 PM
Starting Member
jimbosv650 is an unknown quantity at this point

GTO covers

Quick Reply: smoke your lenses