Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

some slightly updated pics

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007 | 12:54 PM
|
Starting Member
jimbosv650 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default some slightly updated pics

Hi all! I don't post on here often but I am on everyday. Here are some recent cell phone pics of some small new details.

This is a before pic:

Now...

Despite the fact that I love the looks, I had to remove the blackouts because they restricted the light output too much. I also blacked out the front bumper with bumper coating, and made a cheap door edging ('bout $12) grill. Oh and the bugflector's gone too somebody must have needed it more than I do.

I added some Nokya 7000k arctic white bulbs and plug-in harnesses. At night these lights are VERY bright and have a pure white hue with just a slight hint of blue

Since I'm going down the highway everyday I decided to remove the Yakima bike rack as well as the factory rack. Ithreaded the bolts back in and painted them with touch-up stuff. Since the frame was starting to fade and show surface rust, I sanded those spots down and painted the whole frame and suspension black with camo paint.

You can't really tell but I painted the exhaust black with ceramic paint and added small black bowties to the rear panels

Sorry if I over-posted guys. Thanks for looking!

Old 09-02-2007 | 02:29 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road
Default RE: some slightly updated pics

Looks good, Id suggest getting you some clear corners to go with the chrome grill.

Old 09-02-2007 | 03:13 PM
|
Starting Member

ORIGINAL: EuroGoldLS

Looks good, Id suggest getting you some clear corners to go with the chrome grill.
Agreed I've just been trying to decide which ones. I like the regular clear ones and also those which are like yours but chrome.

Old 09-02-2007 | 06:28 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

I don't really like the chrome ones like mine. I think you should go with a pair like these:
http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/yhst-5006790027353_1963_455284139]clicky[/URL]

Old 09-05-2007 | 06:41 PM
blznlowxtreme is an unknown quantity at this point

looks good

Old 09-06-2007 | 02:15 PM
|
Starting Member

thanks y'all

Old 09-06-2007 | 03:03 PM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

Truck looks good. Def get some clear corners for it. Sucks someone stole your bug deflector.

Old 11-24-2009 | 09:47 PM
bflobatman is on a distinguished road

Does anyone know where I can get a black grill to replace the chrome one (I'm speaking of the one that bowtie sits in of course?

Old 11-24-2009 | 10:43 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

this bad boy is two months old.
if you do a search you will find about 50 threads on this very topic in the last 2 months.
yank the grille off, unbolt center piece, scuff, paint, reattach, FWT.

Old 11-25-2009 | 06:23 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Yeah, I'd just paint it...probably the easiest. That or go to Home Depot and pick up ome cheap gutter guard, paint it black and attach it to the grille.

Quick Reply: some slightly updated pics