Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

sooo pisssed

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 10:05 PM
Starting Member
fla_blazer4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default sooo pisssed

so today im thinking is pretty alright well i get off work and go to the store to get a get well soon card for my aunt witch i kinda consider her as my 2nd mom becouse im always at her house and shes always feeding me so shes been sick so im like il go get a get well soon card so i do then after i go give it to her i go to taco bell drive thru for some dinner since the dads at a bike show night kinda thing then BAM right before my eyes i see this i think it happend when i was in the publix but gezz i get the blazer back from a bent frame and now this, yess there are other small scratches but damn this is bad. how much would this cost to fix?

Old 04-01-2008, 10:11 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: sooo pisssed

what happened?

Old 04-01-2008, 10:33 PM
Starting Member
fla_blazer4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point

well its on the front passanger side, well i always backup at work so i can just pull away, it wasint there when i got off work and the only place it coulda happin was at the publix so i think someone ran intoit with a cart, but im mosly gonna have to pay for some hitting my blazer witch sucks becouse im 18 and still in highschool so i dont get to work alot of hours so my pay isint that much but the money im gonna have to save will take months if a year to fix and that money coulda went toward mods.

Old 04-02-2008, 08:06 AM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

Major suckage dude! I would be absolutely raging![:@]

Old 04-02-2008, 08:28 AM
cliro is an unknown quantity at this point

doesnt look like a shopping cart, it has multi directional scratches. looks like it got brushed by a vehicle forward and reversing.

Old 04-02-2008, 09:57 AM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

It's just me (because I am a perfectionist and I hate imperfections lol), but I would hit it with at least some primer and duplicolor (maybe a little body filler depending on how deep they are) for now 1. to make it look a little better than that 2. if the sratches are deep, save yourself from further damage and higher repair costs (i.e. rust)

Does the store have security cameras in the parking lot. They should, maybe they have something on camera that can help you. If someone hit my blazer in the parking lot, I would scour the town for a car or truck with black scrapes on it and makle them pay. j/k

Old 04-02-2008, 10:53 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

x2 on the multi-directional scratch. You've got a hit and run on your hands.

For cost you might want to look into learning some painting skills : )

Old 04-02-2008, 12:40 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

ORIGINAL: davtak

It's just me (because I am a perfectionist and I hate imperfections lol), but I would hit it with at least some primer and duplicolor (maybe a little body filler depending on how deep they are) for now 1. to make it look a little better than that 2. if the sratches are deep, save yourself from further damage and higher repair costs (i.e. rust)
I think thats plastic... but you could still hit it with the duplicolor or something to temporarily hide it until you can fix it.

Old 04-02-2008, 01:29 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

Yeah that sucks dude. for a temporary/cheaper fix sand the area a little, then get some bondo/glazing putty and fill in the scratches, then sand it smooth, hit it with some primer, wetsand after primer is dry, then get some spray touch up paint, then you could clear it too. If you take your time with it, most people won't even be able to notice, only you would know its there. And the cost of fixing it like that should be less than $30.

Old 04-02-2008, 02:10 PM
igot10pinitis is an unknown quantity at this point

its an EASY fix. A shop will charge about 100 bucks, and have it back the same day. That duplicolor is pretty much garbage on other than solid colors. You will need to get an actual gun and quality paint to lay down the metallics right. Take some 220 grit sandpaper, hit it with it, fill in the scratches with filler, sand the filler with 320, prime it with a filler primer, (any rattle can). sand with 600 WET. then your ready for paint.

to bad you don't live by me i could have that done and primed in about 15 mins.

Quick Reply: sooo pisssed