Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

spare tire location: does a swing arm mount from a two door fit a four door?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 07:49 AM
GMdesigner is an unknown quantity at this point
Default spare tire location: does a swing arm mount from a two door fit a four door?

hey guys, I have a 4 door Blazer and I am looking into options for mounting a spare that matches my Mickey Thompsons. I could just strap it into my basket which would look cool, and would mean I could use any old wheel since it wouldn't be visible, but in the event that I need to use it, it would be a pain in the *** to get down due to it's weight and cumbersome size. And I can only imagine in the dead of winter getting a flat and getting myself filthy trying to get it down when my car is covered in salt and snow. The other option in buying a used swing arm from a 2 door and mounting it to my truck. Anyone know if it will fit? I expect it will since the rears are the same tailgate to the best of my knowledge as well as same taillights. I think I could make it work...plus it would besomewhat unique, and much easier to access, but would require I buy a new wheel to match my rockcrawlers, as well as spend more money on the actual swing arm etc...So, go with cheapyet cool looking, yet inconvenient, or go with practical, more expensive, and unique? Any thoughts on doing the swingarm? Know of anyother options? Help me out!

Old 10-03-2007, 11:43 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future
Default RE: spare tire location: does a swing arm mount from a two door fit a four door?

just search for 'tire mount' or 'spare tire' there are quite a few posts about it
https://blazerforum.com/m_97905/tm.htm

Old 10-03-2007, 01:05 PM
iceflames11 is on a distinguished road
Default RE: spare tire location: does a swing arm mount from a two door fit a four door?

Rcars2 has the spare tire carrier in the rear of his 4dr. Looks pretty good, so IMO I would go that route.

Old 10-04-2007, 01:55 PM
RCars2 is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: iceflames11

Rcars2 has the spare tire carrier in the rear of his 4dr. Looks pretty good, so IMO I would go that route.
Why thank ya, i think it looks pretty good too .

GMDesigner: i just sent a reply to your PM. I also sent some info over to Kyle on the process so there may be a how to in the near future.