Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

source for a center arm rest?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 02:37 PM
soundguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default source for a center arm rest?

Common problem, but no luck with a search on BF. My arm rest top is all cracked and broken under the fabric. My local dealer said my arm rest has been discontinued and all the ones in the junk yard areprobably cracked like mine. My 96 blazer has the 60/40 split bench seat, no console.
Do you know of a source for a new one? Thanks! - Mike

Old 09-27-2007, 02:53 PM
99 Blazer 4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: source for a center arm rest?

I was looking last night for parts for mine. The best place so far I have found is LMC truck I ordered one of there S-10 and S10 Blazer catalog and it is loaded with reproductions and new old stock items from GM and the content for the blazers like what you have is pretty good since they have been out long enough for the manufactures to aftermarket parts. I don't know if they have what your looking for exactly because I don't have the catalog right in front of me but its worth a shot. I have posted the link below for you to the blazer section.
http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cst/t.asp
Now all you have to do is type in the search arm rest and see what you can get. Now in the catalog from what I can see they have other items that aren't on the internet. I am leaving later out town till tomarrow when I get home I will look in the catalog. Just post later if you can't find it and when I get homeI will search the print catalog and post or PM you the part numbers to search the website as I have found if you take part numbers from the catalog and enter them on the web you can find stuff that you can't find other wise. Let me know. Zach

Old 09-27-2007, 03:28 PM
bubba181x1 is an unknown quantity at this point

lmc or jc whitney can hook u up. good luck bubba

Old 09-27-2007, 03:31 PM

thanks for the link zach, I could only find door arm rests or "one size fits all" aftermarket center armrests/consoles. I was looking for an OEM replica of mine tho. Thanks for your help! -Mike

Old 09-27-2007, 04:02 PM

no dice @ JC Whitney either...thanks tho, found a bad set of custom fit floor mats!

Old 09-28-2007, 06:48 PM

Hey Mike, I was kinda bored a little bit ago and found a couple salage yard sites that have blazers .Here is the link. Its on a blazer already for you to view and I thinks theres more blazers on here and there is another link below for blazer parts don't know about this site but its worth a shot I found both by search chevy blazer parts.
http://www.wreckcarsonline.com/1995_...lazer_1923.htm
This second link I put is the search window and what it brought up for blazer parts.
http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=...p;fr=yfp-t-501
This first site I think looks like what your describing about the split seat even if its not the right color you could have it painted for probably not to much and they would probably ship it to you. For what it cost w/shipping and to have it painted the way you want it would probably be cheaper than a reproduction even if you could find one. Again hope this helps you. Youmight not want to getit from the salvage yard(Like you said about the condition, but it doesn't hurt to check into it. Because it doesn't look like you will beable to find one. I knowLMC is like the only place I have found repros and parts for my blazer as the generals dealers have seemed to forget about the blazer and don't carry alot of parts for them.

Old 10-01-2007, 07:20 AM

Thanks bro, but mine is fabric wrapped, so IDK if I can paint a used one. I'll check these links out thanks!

They must make the armrest frames out of the same plastic them made the A/C evap shell out of! I think that's what the grey plastic shell thing on the firewall houses. Just brush up against it and another piece falls off!

Old 10-01-2007, 09:44 AM

Well at least for the moment I am out of ideas. Let me think about it and call a few of my friend one of which is a body and interior guy. He just got back in town off a business trip and I was going to call him anyway so probably tonight I will post and tell ya what I found out. Zach

Old 10-04-2007, 02:17 PM

I found one!!! But, it's in Kuait...and I have to buy thier whole inventory to get it. It's only $1M, anybody for a group buy?

www.allworldautomotive.com/auto_parts_for_sale_car_accessories_ots8005-49.html - 128k -

Old 10-04-2007, 02:21 PM

The PN is 12548827 if that helps anybody. I tried most all the online suppliers that came up on a "gm parts" search, but none had it available or even recognized it.