Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Steel front bumper

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 08:36 PM
nyzr21019 is on a distinguished road
Default Steel front bumper

so i have a 2001 zr2 and i always liked the look of those all steel front bumpers with the push bar built in i dont know the actual names of them i hope you get what i mean, but does anyone know where i can get it ? and how much it costs and difficulty to install?

Old 11-03-2009, 08:53 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

i think you should google road armor. they dont make blaZeR2 bumpers anymore, so you would have to scout the list or ebay or learn to weld :/

Old 11-03-2009, 08:56 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

I'm pretty sure they're called Rock crawler bumpers or rock guard bumpers...something along those line. I remember seeing a post about it not too long ago but the name escapes me.
They don't make them anymore for Blazers. They are extremely rare, and if you do happen to find one for sale expect to pay a premium for it.
I'll see if I can track down the website of the company that made them. I know they only made a few hundred for Blazers though and they sold like crazy.

EDIT: Curtis beat me to it lol...thats what they are called. Road Armour. I was close.

Old 11-03-2009, 09:23 PM

alright thanks guys yea i was looking for something like this front bumper found the pic on google

Old 11-03-2009, 09:27 PM

Old 11-03-2009, 09:31 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

like this or more like this

if it's the second style, these guys build em for some $$$. you can even get your prerunner. just drink a lot over the next few days, cause after you sell your kidney to cover it, you wont be drinking quite as freely...

***EDIT*** OH you dont want the steel tube, then all you are looking for is a "prerunner" the skeletal guy that pokes out, keeps your lights looking pretty, and tosses deer into your cab. Honestly your best bet for a good looking prerunner would be to get a tocoma or cherokee prerunner and fab your own mounts

Last edited by ABN31B; 11-03-2009 at 09:39 PM.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:33 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Something like that first picture (the tubes) you could probably build yourself if you had access to a welder and pipe bender...

Old 11-03-2009, 09:40 PM

yea i dont have access to that so i dont know what to do im sure maybe a metal/welding shop would build it for me

Old 11-03-2009, 09:43 PM
BF Veteran

Well I was mistaken in what you were looking for. I thought you were looking more for the road armor one (more along the lines of what Curtis posted) not the tubular one you posted. If you're looking for one of those I'm almost positive they still make those. I'll just have to dig up where I saw them. Keep an eye out on ebay and craigslist. I'd look for a "winch bar" or "bull bar" style bumper.

Old 11-03-2009, 09:55 PM

alright thanks man, if you come across the name of a company or a website let me know.

Quick Reply: Steel front bumper