Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

teh pres' mods that will go on Thursday night

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 03:02 AM
presidential is an unknown quantity at this point
Default teh pres' mods that will go on Thursday night

Unexpectedly, I sold my Talon tonight. But that isn't the real focus of this post. The real focus is that I got some new shoes for the ol stinky blazer.

What are these shoes one might ask?

97 Camaro wheels/tires. Way more better than the mis-matched 3 different sized, 4 different branded tires on there now. Not to mention the flat space-saver spare that was completely flat that made this decision final.

Another horrid shot of the wheels. Once the wheels are on, I will post up some serious 56k warning pics up of the ol girl.

And now, I call it a night. Stay tuned...I shall post decent pics that are not crappy camera phoneish.

Old 07-20-2006, 08:20 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: teh pres' mods that will go on Thursday night

Very nice!

Old 07-20-2006, 09:18 AM
Administrator
m00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond repute

Nice. Can't wait to see them on!

Old 07-20-2006, 01:03 PM
SniperX13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you going to leave the center caps with the Camaro name on them, or take them off, or repaint them?

Old 07-20-2006, 01:08 PM

Probably on for right now until I make a decision on the color of the wheel centers. If I stay silver, I'm probably going to either leave the centercaps off or find a chevy embalemish stick on gimmick that is the same size to go over the Camaro logo. You know, the circular 3d-ish thick plastic things. It's difficult to describe what I'm after but I'll know them when I see them.

New seat covers are also on my list, along with a center console and a radio. It gets lonely in there without music and I have a horrid singing voice.

Old 07-21-2006, 02:10 AM

Stupid Florida weather owned me today. It was clear all day until it was about time for me to get out of work. Sure as the sky was blue, thunderstorms set in.

I perservered, started in on the back 2 wheels. Massive amounts of rust seziure caused me to break my favorite tire iron in an attempt to remove the lugnuts. I guess I don't know my own strength...that is my excuse. So before I walked down to a bar to meet a co-worker, I doused the lugs with PB Blaster and let them sit. Just a few minutes ago, I doused them again. I'm bound and determined.

However, I did get a full pictorial on how to clean powdercoated wheels that may help a few people. All I got done were the front 2 wheels, but I will save the pics until Friday unless I absolutely cannot get the lug nuts off. It looks so tough, but I really want a full wheels on scenic shot. Bah!

Old 07-21-2006, 02:05 PM

This is as far as I got last night before the skies opened up. I've got a shedload of pictures on the real digi for mass consumption as soon as I get some time to put them up. And a wheel cleaning tutorial as well.

Old 07-21-2006, 03:25 PM
Administrator
m00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond repute

Those look AWESOME!!! What else are you planning on doing to your truck?

Post your "tutorial" in the detailing section and I'll put a sticky on it. Once we finally get organized to get a how to section up and running, I'll be sure to move it there.

Old 07-21-2006, 04:09 PM

No problemo. I figure it would be good to see some tips I've come up with over the years put into action. A lot of guys/gals I know of gave up on their wheels and getting the stains off of them, so this might help everyone out.

Future plans? Hrm...it all depends on money. Cost no object, I'd make a "Typhool" looking truck with a LS1/4l60e under the hood. Cost being an object, probably just a 350, fuel injected, nasty cam. For now, it's just fix and drive, fix and drive. I certainly have taken a shining to the truck, never thought I would like it as much as I do.

Old 07-21-2006, 05:17 PM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

sweet man....looks great

Quick Reply: teh pres' mods that will go on Thursday night