Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

There is a huge hole in my floor!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 02:35 PM
Starting Member
Eff10 is on a distinguished road
Default There is a huge hole in my floor!

Hey everyone. I have a 94 Jimmy with the vortec motor. To make a long story short, I was trying to put power seats in my truck, which now has manual seats. I was hoping to find a plug under the carpet because I heard they were plug and play, but alas, no plug. I did however, find a good sized hole in the floor in front of the driver's seat, directly above the cab mount. You can see the mount from the hole. It's clearly not connected to the body anymore, as most of the metal box that it's usually attached to is almost gone. I've attached a picture.
How in the hell do I fix this? The other side isn't nearly as bad but rust is starting to crush the box on that side as well. I'm worried that this is a safety issue. Whoever owned this truck before me totally ruined it, because I have never seen a floor that's underneath carpet so rusty before, and I have 3 other s10's.
On a side note, does anyone know how to wire in the power seats/ where in the fuse box they should go to? Not exactly related but it was the whole reason I found this hole in the first place. Thanks!

Old 08-03-2011, 02:42 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The front body mount has rusted/crushed. You'll need new body mount upper pieces and patches for the floor. LMC Truck has everything you need on PG47 of their S-10 catalog. You'll also want to replace the body mount bushings/bolts as well.

Old 08-03-2011, 02:51 PM
Starting Member
Eff10 is on a distinguished road

Thanks so much for the quick reply Kyle! I have a fabricator friend who is actually really excited to work on this. Makes my life easier. Do you know if I can just get single bushings or do they always come in a kit? I'd hate to pay all that money when I only really need 2.

Last edited by Eff10; 08-03-2011 at 03:07 PM.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:14 PM
Starting Member
j89lumaye is on a distinguished road

my 96 didnt come with power seats, but the drivers is power, and its ran straight to the battery with a fuse holder in the middle of the power wire. seems to work fine since i got it in april. only problem i had is that it likes to eat up anything lower then a 25. so if thats how ur goin to do it, put a 25 in it at least