Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Paint, Body, & Interior (https://blazerforum.com/forum/paint-body-interior-39/)
-   -   Think Its Legit? (https://blazerforum.com/forum/paint-body-interior-39/think-its-legit-5443/)

XBlazer01 09-12-2006 12:29 AM

Think Its Legit?

MCcullohs 30,000K HID Kit

Wow thats freakin hot. Im honestly thinking of getting that. the highest i've ever seen is 14k and i kinda like that purple hue to it. idk why tho lol.

Guess cause you dont see that to often :D

swartlkk 09-12-2006 12:38 AM

RE: Think Its Legit?

Without HID compliant housings (projectors or reflectors), it won't look right. Not to mention the fact that it'll be a pain to adjust. HID projectors have the proper cutoff for the lights to make sure to have an even, and direct output with defined boundries. If you do not have HID projectors or a headlamp with reflectors of HID design, it's a waste of money.

jagblazer01 09-12-2006 01:32 AM

hahaha dude its def. like Raven's Purple and looks like a pretty good chance of getting a repair order

DetroitMuscle 09-12-2006 09:35 AM

I wouldnt worry about the name, that is a very reputable name in then construction/industrial fields. Id get them myself but I dont need anything that bright especially since it didnt come on the vehicle and it might be against the law for yours as well. Check your laws before ordering, just because its brighter doesnt mean its safer.

swartlkk 09-12-2006 10:19 AM

Like I said earlier, it isn't so much what is sold in that auction as it is the incorrect application for your housings. The reflectors for a normal filament bulb are not correctly setup for a HID bulb. The light pattern, focal length, and even arc orientation are not correct for our headlight reflectors. Take for instance the arc orientation of the HID bulbs. The HID arc is pointed straight out the front of the vehicle, while the filament in the halogen bulb is oriented perpendicular to that. This difference alone will make beam patterns be out of wack for the HID bulbs. Just because the bulbs will fit into the housings doesn't make them cast light properly. Lighting is HIGHLY dependent on reflectors designed around the bulbs.

jagblazer01 09-12-2006 10:20 AM

dude u cant ditch phil...lol get oznium

XBlazer01 09-12-2006 01:37 PM

I might end up getting those but just for show. Thats pretty hot and u know it lol.

I'd retrofit my stockers prolly but idk maybe

agent305 10-23-2007 04:40 PM

damn kyle is there anything you dont know?
i got excited readin this thread cuz im kinda smart about hid.
(must come from workin on import tuners when i worked at boomer mcloud)
you got it all right tho...not that i ever doubted anything you ever said lol
just a lot of people usually speacialize in one certain area... not every imaginable area lol

p.s..... lol, sorry...i thought this thread was like a month old, didnt realize it was a year old

swartlkk 10-23-2007 04:54 PM

No problem Danny! And thanks!!

drperry 10-23-2007 05:59 PM

I wonder how the HID kits work in a set of projectors using H1 bulbs, lol. They do have the cut off, after all..

Granted, from what I saw in an HID off-road light kit, the reflectors seemed to have a lot of hard corners in them...