Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Think Its Legit?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 12:29 AM
BF Veteran
XBlazer01 has a spectacular aura aboutXBlazer01 has a spectacular aura about
Default Think Its Legit?

MCcullohs 30,000K HID Kit

Wow thats freakin hot. Im honestly thinking of getting that. the highest i've ever seen is 14k and i kinda like that purple hue to it. idk why tho lol.

Guess cause you dont see that to often

Old 09-12-2006, 12:38 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Think Its Legit?

Without HID compliant housings (projectors or reflectors), it won't look right. Not to mention the fact that it'll be a pain to adjust. HID projectors have the proper cutoff for the lights to make sure to have an even, and direct output with defined boundries. If you do not have HID projectors or a headlamp with reflectors of HID design, it's a waste of money.

Old 09-12-2006, 01:32 AM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

hahaha dude its def. like Raven's Purple and looks like a pretty good chance of getting a repair order

Old 09-12-2006, 09:35 AM
DetroitMuscle is an unknown quantity at this point

I wouldnt worry about the name, that is a very reputable name in then construction/industrial fields. Id get them myself but I dont need anything that bright especially since it didnt come on the vehicle and it might be against the law for yours as well. Check your laws before ordering, just because its brighter doesnt mean its safer.

Old 09-12-2006, 10:19 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Like I said earlier, it isn't so much what is sold in that auction as it is the incorrect application for your housings. The reflectors for a normal filament bulb are not correctly setup for a HID bulb. The light pattern, focal length, and even arc orientation are not correct for our headlight reflectors. Take for instance the arc orientation of the HID bulbs. The HID arc is pointed straight out the front of the vehicle, while the filament in the halogen bulb is oriented perpendicular to that. This difference alone will make beam patterns be out of wack for the HID bulbs. Just because the bulbs will fit into the housings doesn't make them cast light properly. Lighting is HIGHLY dependent on reflectors designed around the bulbs.

Old 09-12-2006, 10:20 AM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

dude u cant ditch phil...lol get oznium

Old 09-12-2006, 01:37 PM
BF Veteran
XBlazer01 has a spectacular aura aboutXBlazer01 has a spectacular aura about

I might end up getting those but just for show. Thats pretty hot and u know it lol.

I'd retrofit my stockers prolly but idk maybe

Old 10-23-2007, 04:40 PM
Starting Member
agent305 is an unknown quantity at this point

damn kyle is there anything you dont know?
i got excited readin this thread cuz im kinda smart about hid.
(must come from workin on import tuners when i worked at boomer mcloud)
you got it all right tho...not that i ever doubted anything you ever said lol
just a lot of people usually speacialize in one certain area... not every imaginable area lol

p.s..... lol, sorry...i thought this thread was like a month old, didnt realize it was a year old

Old 10-23-2007, 04:54 PM
Administrator

No problem Danny! And thanks!!

Old 10-23-2007, 05:59 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

I wonder how the HID kits work in a set of projectors using H1 bulbs, lol. They do have the cut off, after all..

Granted, from what I saw in an HID off-road light kit, the reflectors seemed to have a lot of hard corners in them...