Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Time for interior upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 01:43 AM
dimmuborgir6nik6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Time for interior upgrades

I've done a lot of exterior upgrade (doesn't mean I'm done) but I wanna hit my interior next. Even my friend said to do the interior next.
Besides floor mats, what are good ways for spicing up the interior?
And what does everything think of racing pedals?

Old 12-27-2007, 04:56 AM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Time for interior upgrades

Racing pedals can be a quick upgrade but for those of us with our lovely blazer's the pedals out there on the market slip off and don't fit right!! I got a set of flamed pedals from autozone that keep falling off so I took them off and now have them in my center console for shows only. I would suggest a dash trim kit maybe if that is within what your looking for. Also what a few of us have done is replace the factory white 194 bulbs in the gauge cluster with blue led's which I did and they look sweet. Let me think here, how about if you want seat covers or there is also the option of adding billet into your interior, here is a link to some good interior add ons for your year http://www.stylintrucks.com/sn.aspx?...%7c-1=Interiorhope this is a help to some new fresh interior mods!!!

Old 12-27-2007, 10:41 AM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

Racing pedals is a good idea. i just got some myself. How about a dash kit or slapping some led's in the dash panels. Glow gauges are another idea. I know they make billet ***** and I've even seen a billet shifter too. Led tubes under dash as interior lights, check out my switch panel on my cardomain page. Maybe you could do something like that if you have lights on your brush guard. There are so many things you could do. Just go on ebay or google "blazer interior upgrades", or just "blazer interior" and see what you get. I also have some polished door sill plates that might interest you. i got them off of ebay.

Old 12-27-2007, 11:49 AM
RCars2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Another thing you can do is pickup some fabric at a local fabric store and recover bits of your interior with it to add different accents to different pieces. Its not hard to do either, just get some 3M spray adhesive (or equivilent),flat blade screwdriver (for poking material into creases)and a scissors and start getting creative. For some ideas check out the pictures in my profile. They are kinda old but they show what i did on mine.

Old 12-27-2007, 03:09 PM

ORIGINAL: thegr81

Racing pedals can be a quick upgrade but for those of us with our lovely blazer's the pedals out there on the market slip off and don't fit right!! I got a set of flamed pedals from autozone that keep falling off so I took them off and now have them in my center console for shows only. I would suggest a dash trim kit maybe if that is within what your looking for. Also what a few of us have done is replace the factory white 194 bulbs in the gauge cluster with blue led's which I did and they look sweet. Let me think here, how about if you want seat covers or there is also the option of adding billet into your interior, here is a link to some good interior add ons for your year http://www.stylintrucks.com/sn.aspx?...%7c-1=Interiorhope this is a help to some new fresh interior mods!!!
I was thinking about doing that, putting blues in the gauge cluster. It looks amazing. I was thinking of seat covers, especially because the side of my driver's seat looks like a dog chewed on it for some reason.

But Davtak, the inside if your truck looks mad good. Are those regular floor mats? Or custom?

Old 12-27-2007, 11:29 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

Thanks! I think they are Michelin brand. If I remember right, I got them at Wal-Mart. They are just some rubber floor mats with deep grooves in them for the water when the snow melts on my shoes. I'm going to get rid of them in the spring and get some nice cloth ones. These are starting to rip.

Old 12-29-2007, 10:19 PM
Starting Member
pimpinblazer91 is an unknown quantity at this point

heydavtakwhats involved in installing glow gauges ?

Old 12-30-2007, 12:01 AM
Starting Member
S10Blazer is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: dimmuborgir6nik6

I've done a lot of exterior upgrade (doesn't mean I'm done) but I wanna hit my interior next. Even my friend said to do the interior next.
Besides floor mats, what are good ways for spicing up the interior?
And what does everything think of racing pedals?
Your truck is the same year as mine, so let me tell you what I have done. Aside from replacing all of those LED's, I have also put Neo Blue Neons from underneath my dash. Ihave also done custom gauges. I would recommend that you go with the gauges that I have which are the Nu Image gauges, because I once had APC gauges and they were garbage. They used their own lighting, and would constantly go dark on me, and to top it all off, the words wouldn't even line up right. These Nu Image gauges use the stock lighting. There is no wiring involved. You just peel off your factory gauge face, and apply the Nu Image one. I also bought the matching A/C panel from them which has made a big difference. Another thing I am going to buy from Nu Image is the billet gauge ring. It is a chrome gauge trim ring that is meant to go over those gauges. I will advise you though, be careful doing your gauges. You need to carefully examine where the needles were before you take them off, because if not you will have major problems like I have. My temperature and voltage needle are not in the correct places, so what I have planned to do is install an Aeroforce Interceptor Scan Gauge in the dual A-Pillar gauge pod that I bought. That is another nice interior mod that you can do. The gauge pod is a full dual gauge pod, that covers your whole A-Pillar. It is from Autometer, and can be painted to match your interior. I already have the gauge pod. It was about $80.00 . Now I am going to buy that gauge, which is 25 different gauges in one and plugs right into the OBD2 port. I am going to put a digital clock in the remaining hole in the gauge pod hole.
Then, after I have that gauge pod installed, I am going to have the dash disassembled, and turn on the truck. As soon as the digital gauge turns on, and gives me all of the trucks readings, I will simply readjust all of the needles on the gauge cluster to where they should be. But you can simply avoid all of this, by drawing a diagram of where all of your needles were before you install the gauges.
The floor mats that I have throughout the whole entire truck (front to back) are husky liners. I have no complaints about these floor mats. I bought them off of ebay for a lot cheaper than what they normally sell for. I remember spilling a whole cup of soda, and not one bit touched the original carpet because these mats have a "lip" on the edges. Everytime I lift up the husky liners, the carpet looks like that of a brand new truck.
Since your truck is a '96 like mine, you probably would have a problem with the shifter hitting a flip out dvd player. To avoid all of this, I bought a JVC KD-AVX1 3" dvd player. Yeah, its a pretty small screen, but at least I have a dvd player. Now JVC has come out with the modern ones, with a lot more features, and even a bit bigger screens. Go to crutchfield's website to see them all. I am also going to install 2 7" portable dvd players in the headrests that I already have. They are going to be wired to my head unit. There are many, many different options and accesories for our trucks. The best websites that I know to help us, are eBay, LMC Truck, StylinTrucks, Crutchfield, and V-Leds. Those are basically all of the websites where I have bought most of the things that I have on my truck. I hope I have helped you. Here are some pics.

As for racing pedals, I have thought about it, and really haven't liked any

Old 12-30-2007, 01:09 AM

One thing I've been planning on doing, as you'd see in other posts I've made, is putting the gauge pod over the a-pillar and putting a tach gauge in. The dual pods are much nicer, though, and I figured if I got a dual gauge pod I wouldn't know what to put in the second. A digital clock seems like a good idea, but the Aeroforce gauges are so expensive. Stylintrucks is a great site though. Thinking about buying my raceing pedals from there since Autozone has some ugly ones.
And where did you get the neon lights? I've been thinking about putting them in. They'd look real good.

Old 12-30-2007, 09:57 AM

Check thjis. It's the how-to I wrote up about how to install the gauges I have. I bought them off of www.procarparts.com for 30 bucks.

https://blazerforum.com/m_85538/tm.htm

Quick Reply: Time for interior upgrades