Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Tinted Windows (pics)...

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 10:09 PM
Beginning Member
alphagtp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tinted Windows (pics)...

well finally i had the time to get my windows tinted and i like them, I paid $40 for the two front w/ 20% what do you guys think?

Old 03-14-2007, 10:47 PM
speeddemon560 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Tinted Windows (pics)...

I like what I see. I am thinking about getting 5% (limo) tint all the way around. That will be interesting.

Old 03-15-2007, 12:53 AM
DankBlazer is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks pretty good if you ask me.
[align=left] [/align]

Old 03-15-2007, 01:07 AM
BLK85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks good. It looks darker than my 20% tint that I got on my front windows, I got screwed.

Heres mine, I guess it looks good in that picture but from other angles like straight from the side it doesnt look like it matches that well.
[IMG]local://upfiles/4766/A3821AF95C6742CE9552C110A1DCD399.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-15-2007, 02:52 AM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

it matches the stock privacy glass very well! good lookin truck!

Old 03-15-2007, 08:30 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

Looks good.

Old 03-18-2007, 03:14 AM
bjhoppy is an unknown quantity at this point

That looks really nice. I want to get mine done the same way but it is illegal here in MN. The fronts can't be darker then 50%. I might get them done anyway. But it does look really nice to have them match up.

Old 03-19-2007, 05:17 AM
BLK85 is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: bjhoppy

That looks really nice. I want to get mine done the same way but it is illegal here in MN. The fronts can't be darker then 50%. I might get them done anyway. But it does look really nice to have them match up.
In SD its 35% on the front windows (not windshield) I have 20% and Ive seen people with 17 without any problems. I wouldnt worry about it if I were you. Just hope if you do have problems they just give you a ticket instead of a fix it.

Old 03-20-2007, 01:37 PM
bjhoppy is an unknown quantity at this point

I spoke with one cop about it one time and he said that as long as I wasn't doing anything wrong then he wouldn't do anything. But I do know that St Paul PD will stop you for it. Especially on a weekend night on University Ave. They stop anyone for anything during the summer. They carry those tint meters in their squads. Not that I ever really go out there. I heard one time that Bloomington PD used to put an X in your tint if it was illegal. Although I was never able to confirm this. If they did do this I would have to think that someone made them stop.

Old 03-20-2007, 02:13 PM
lastcoupe is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: speeddemon560

I like what I see. I am thinking about getting 5% (limo) tint all the way around. That will be interesting.
I got my fronts done with 5%, didn't do the privacy glass, because I drive alot at night with my kids and tinting over it you would be able to see nothing...litterally.......My Caprice has 2.5% all the way around, and you can't see in that thing in the middle of a sunny day...let alone at night.

Quick Reply: Tinted Windows (pics)...