Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Tinting front windsheild?!?!

Old 06-25-2011, 03:02 PM
brycegood is on a distinguished road
Default Tinting front windsheild?!?!

Ive got a buddy of mine that does window tinting and i noticed the other day he tinted his front windsheild 35%! It looked amazing and he said he has no prob seein day or night! He is going to tint all my other windows 15% and they are at 20% now so they will be a lil darker which is what i want but idk bout front windsheild! Anyone ever done it? I know it prob isnt the smartest thing to do. im def gunna ride in my buddies car at night to make sure i think its safe but just wantin some other opinions?!

Old 06-25-2011, 03:44 PM
Little Roober is on a distinguished road

I don't see why you would want it tinted. Even if it only makes it a little harder to see at night, every second counts when a deer steps out in front of you....Just my opinion.

Old 06-25-2011, 04:07 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Unless you want a ticket, you might want to check the Indiana window tint laws.

Old 06-25-2011, 05:22 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Yea, I would hate to see a police officer pull you over and make you strip it right then and there. That would be hard earned money wasted.

And does anyone know the stock tint for the rear windows and hatch glass of the blazer?

Old 06-27-2011, 11:51 PM
brycegood is on a distinguished road

well the reason i wanted to do it is because i always see all these vehicles that pass me and i cant see the driver! Thats the look i want and i dont know how else to pull it off other than tinting front windsheild

Old 07-01-2011, 09:25 PM
Starting Member
Moores12345 is on a distinguished road

Tinting your front windshield is just a terrible idea. I work in a detail/tint garage and the guy that tints the windows has been doing it for almost 16 years and he won't tint a front windshield. Period.

Driving at night is the worst too like someone mentioned above, hope that helps some.

Old 07-01-2011, 09:42 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by brycegood
well the reason i wanted to do it is because i always see all these vehicles that pass me and i cant see the driver! Thats the look i want and i dont know how else to pull it off other than tinting front windsheild
tint all your other windows. i think its a optical illusion that the actual windshield is tinted. but with all the surrounding windows tinted it doesnt let any light in adding to the effect that it looks like the windshield is tinted.

even tinting your side windows can suck. my daily driver has light tint on them and on a dark and rainy night i find myself rolling down the windows alot when turning cause i cant see squat. but during day time driving i love them

Old 07-01-2011, 10:18 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by abig84
tint all your other windows. i think its a optical illusion that the actual windshield is tinted. but with all the surrounding windows tinted it doesnt let any light in adding to the effect that it looks like the windshield is tinted.

even tinting your side windows can suck. my daily driver has light tint on them and on a dark and rainy night i find myself rolling down the windows alot when turning cause i cant see squat. but during day time driving i love them
I agree, may & probably is an illusion - darker interior = less being seen.
maybe there is a reflective "tint" for a windshield like a one way glass, but to tint it, no way man. In oddball could be freaky situations you want to see all you can see!

Even going through the shop in the forklift with my shades on, I take them off just so I have every bit of chance to see what & who may be around a corner or by me. It's all about knowledge & seeing, being able to communicate with that person at the corner/lights & making sure that granny with the cart see's what you motioned to her or are about to do.
& as was posted I'm pretty sure all states etc have laws against windshield tinting because it's just wrong lol.

Old 09-08-2011, 09:34 PM
JRP22 is on a distinguished road

i dont know about tinting the whole windshield. but a tint strip will look good and definitely blocks the sun where you might usually pull a visor down in front of your face

Old 09-08-2011, 10:02 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

I can tell you from personal experience don't have it tinted! My truck came with the windshield tinted and it makes it much harder to see at night. Also, it is starting to bubble on the edge of the windshield and it is driving me crazy!
I'm going to have it cut and pulled off about an inch or so below to the AS1 line because I hate it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tinting front windsheild?!?!