Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

tinting windows

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 12:39 AM
blazer123456789 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default tinting windows

ok well tinting windows not very fun lol i was wondering if any one had any tips on doing a good tint job cause i have done it well tried to do it twice and it is just not working good i keep getting a bubble i cant get out or a nic and its hard to cut out the tint to be just like the window so if anyone has any tips it would be apperciated

Old 01-16-2007, 12:58 AM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future
Default RE: tinting windows

Here's an idea for getting the tint the right size. It's easy and non-expensive. Buy it pre-cut. Here's the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevy...spagenameZWDVW

There's also 4-door if anybody else is wondering. Pretty much all years are on ebay.

As for getting the bubbles out, follow the directions and take your time and it should come out good. I know people that went too quick and there are bubbles everywhere. It doesn't look that good.

Old 01-16-2007, 01:06 AM

yea i mite try the precut i mite just be a little impactient when it comes to this lol i would hate to mess up the precut ones tho : s

Old 01-16-2007, 02:53 AM
BLK85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Pay someone to do it.

Old 01-16-2007, 08:38 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

There is a tint set that they sell at wal-mart. It has cling spray, a flat edge spreader, and some other stuff. It's pretty simple. Just spray on the cling spray, set the tint in place. Hold it from the top of the window and press the air bubbles out from the center of the window to the outside. Once you get the air bubbles out, it will hold. Even if you mess up and it's not lined up, you can peel it off and try again before it dries. You would be saving yourself a good amount of money doing it yourself. I'm impatient too, but it's not too hard.

Old 01-16-2007, 10:34 PM

yea i think im ganna give it anouther shot but now it is to cold we were getting some good weather it went from 65 to 20 degress in one day lol and i cant pay anyone to do it cus no one does it i live in garrett county md and it has like nothing for customizing cars at all.... advanced auto parts store thats it

Old 01-16-2007, 11:18 PM

Tell me about it. I'm in CT. Today it was about 25. We had that one day a couple of weeks ago when it went over 70. A week later, it was almost freezing. Go on mapqust, click on where it says business, and search for tinting, or car tinting, or anything you can think of that has to do with custom car work. That's if you want to go that way. Cold weather sucks. There's stuff I want to do too, but I have to wait till spring.

Old 01-28-2007, 12:53 AM
splat is an unknown quantity at this point

Which window are you trying to tint?
You do not want pre-cut tint, it sucks.
For the back window and some side windows, you'll need to heat shrink the tint with a heatgun and some baby powder.
Spread a little bit of baby powder on the window, and put the tint on the outside of the window. Take a wet paper towel, and run a line horizontally across the middle of the window with it. So the tint sticks in place. Then take the heatgun and heat up the tint. (this will only work on the top and bottom as the side-ends of the tint will not shrink.)
Keep doing this until the tint is formed good. Then take a trouble light and place it on the inside of the window, and trim 1/4-1/2 an inch biggeraround the window.
If you need anymore pointers, let me know.
I tint windows for a living BTW, if you couldn't already tell. lol

Old 01-28-2007, 01:35 AM
lastcoupe is an unknown quantity at this point

I suggest just taking it to a pro and paying the 150.00. Not just to save the headache of doing it, but to have it done right and you will also get a lifetime gaurantee for all of the problems that can occur (peeling,bubbling, cracking etc.) A very small price to pay if you figure the amount you will spend on the matterials and tools (let alone time) that you willneed just to screw it up yourself (no offense).

Old 01-28-2007, 02:30 AM
1996BZR is an unknown quantity at this point

It cost me $55 overallfor both the front windows to be tinted. So that's like$27.50 a window. Might as well take it somewhere.

Quick Reply: tinting windows