Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Truck bedliner on frame

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 01:25 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default Truck bedliner on frame

Okay, I know there is an undercoating available, but I still have a lot of truck bedliner left that I can brush on. I'm a little skeptical about putting it on the frame because I don't want it to hold moisture. For anyone that has used it on the frame, how long has it been on there? Is it doing its job? I feel like my frame stands out a lot since it is shown a little more than stock. It could definitely use some black to make it look hidden again.

Old 07-31-2012, 06:28 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

i plan on doing mine later in august.
why do you think it would hold moisture?
if you clean it up properly i dont see why it would any diff then using a paint.

Old 07-31-2012, 06:38 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

X2 on what Jared said. PREP PREP & more PREP is key!
Sand it down, use a degreaser & tack cloth afterwards & it should adhere very well & last a long time. Scuffing the surface & having it clean is most important for it to last & not flace/peal off.
Basically the main difference is one is made for grip (bedliner) but both seal, are resistant to weathering, provide a strong barrier etc. IMO

Old 07-31-2012, 06:59 PM
247monster will become famous soon enough

looks like all that needs to be said has been lol but if you do it make sure to post pics

Old 07-31-2012, 10:14 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

I just finished cleaning the entire bottom of my stang...wire wheeled it cleaned and then treated.
brushed on bedliner over the whole bottom..2 qts...maybe overkill but it will last.

Old 07-31-2012, 11:54 PM

Ok, I'll probably brush on bedliner the frame or what I can reach of the frame within the next few weeks. Guess I'll sand it down clean it with mineral spirits then let it rip with the bedliner haha.

Old 08-01-2012, 01:19 AM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

There ya go, prep will make it work.

Old 08-01-2012, 07:43 AM
Starting Member
nunya is on a distinguished road

Undercoating is gonna hold more moisture than bedliner will...E specially if it's that cheap crap that never really dries 100%. On my Pathfinder though, I used Herculiner on my frame about 3 years ago at least. Still on strong, keeping my frame safe from PennDOT. Prep and patience are key

Old 08-01-2012, 08:32 AM
Default .

Yeah, my frame sticks out too much right now because of my body lift. Plus my frame is the color of mud lol. Do most people just get the part of the frame under the rocker panels? Or go all out and get under there and paint the part near the wheels up front and part near the leaf springs in the back?

Old 08-01-2012, 09:22 PM
Little Roober is on a distinguished road

I went with bedliner under the rockers and after a while it looked like crap. I ended up cleaning it off and brushing on gloss black Rustoleum on the entire frame and wheel wells. It looks MUCH better in my opinion. Also holds less dirt and way easier to clean. Just a heads up.

Quick Reply: Truck bedliner on frame