Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

turn signal fog lights?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 08:39 AM
laserblazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default turn signal fog lights?

i was shopping on e-bay and came across these turn signal lights with built in fog lights. does anyone know if i bought a set of these if they are an exact fit of pulling old amber lighting units out and installing these. and does oem wiring harness already accommodate the fog light units if i upgrade to the available light switch assembly with fog light toggle switch? has anyone else done this. also how good do the original turn signal fog lights work. if they are not that good i just as soon get a good set of self mounting fog lights.

Old 02-12-2007, 10:07 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: turn signal fog lights?

They should be exact fit, but without more info on them, I cannot say for sure. However, you may not have the wiring for fogs in the vehicle.

Also, the lower you can get fog lights, the better they will illuminate the road in low visibility conditions (ie. fog, snow, etc).

Old 02-12-2007, 04:12 PM

thanks swart
i see on some blazers they have fog lights where my front tow hooks are located, but i prefer to leave my tow hooks there and mount fog lights to frame under fascia.
laser

Old 02-12-2007, 06:18 PM
iceflames11 is on a distinguished road

I've got fog lights on mine and I still have the tow hooks too. Check out my photo gallery for a better idea.

Old 02-12-2007, 08:28 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Find a place you like where they sit, and just mount them TO the fascia, it's more than solid enough for fog lights... You'll just have some holes to fill if you decide to move them, or something.

Those turn signal lights, are more driving lights, than they are anything else...

Old 02-13-2007, 06:20 AM

nice ice
great blazer ice. i see where you have fog lights near the tow hooks and a nice set on brush guard. nice truck. way to go
laser

*combining consecutive posts*

thanks doc.
wasn't sure if fascia would allow lights to bounce around everytime i hit a bump.
i'll look for a spot under the fascia to get as close to the road as possible. with my older eyes and these tennessee hills i can use all the help i can get.
laser

*EDIT: swartlkk* - combined consecutive posts. Please use the edit function if you have new information to add and another member has not yet replied to your thread. Thank you.

Old 02-13-2007, 06:32 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

It _should_ be, at least, That's what I did for my old Chevy Lumina Z34, and they all stayed perfectly in place... And as long as you don't hit them too hard, you'll be fine!

Actually, if you look at the slim ones on the outside, bumper to bumper, I lifted my bros '91 Grande Prixto the top of his suspension travelwith the one on the passenger side... and it didn't move...

I haven't taken a close look at my Blazer, but I'm assuming that the fascia is just as solid...

Old 02-13-2007, 06:45 PM
speeddemon560 is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow drperry, you are showing that Lumina off all over blazerforum.com. I think this is the second time I've seen it, lol.

Old 02-13-2007, 07:15 PM
BF Veteran

It has it's uses, lol, both in what NOT to do to a car, and how well, fibreglass can hold a foglight, lol.

Old 02-13-2007, 08:05 PM
speeddemon560 is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: drperry

It has it's uses, lol, both in what NOT to do to a car, and how well, fibreglass can hold a foglight, lol.
Funny.

Now with the "fog lights," yes, they'd fit with no problem. It just mades more sense to keep your stock corner lenses or upgrade to clear ones, and add lights to the bumper. Adding 2 2-inch foglights on the bumper would be the best thing to do, as far as lighting visibility.

Quick Reply: turn signal fog lights?