Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Two Tone Paint?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 01:17 PM
Jharper is infamous around these partsJharper is infamous around these parts
Default Two Tone Paint?

I am getting my blazer repainted, and i thought about doing a two tone look. Just wondering what everyones opinions are on what i should do for paint. i was thinking leave the stock red on top, then do black from the wnidows down.

Old 12-08-2007, 01:36 PM
felonyblazer96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Two Tone Paint?

i think it will look sweet as long as you blend it right

[/align]

Old 12-08-2007, 01:52 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

I say leave the top red and then solid black from the windows down and some sort of pinstripe in between. I see too many two-tone piant jobs where the colors fade into each other and a lot of them don't look very good.

also put a few coats of clear on top to finish it off

Old 12-08-2007, 01:54 PM

what color pinstripe would i do tho, silver? its getting professionaly done if i do it anyways. so clear would get added.

Old 12-08-2007, 01:59 PM
blznlowxtreme is an unknown quantity at this point

i think it would look pretty good. silver stripe would set it off nicely

Old 12-08-2007, 03:07 PM
Millertime21 is an unknown quantity at this point

I say black on top, red on bottom. Here a pic of my camaro with black/red 2-tone.

Old 12-08-2007, 03:22 PM
igot10pinitis is an unknown quantity at this point

I would think about it a little longerbefore you did it. I have done a few two tones and most the time they don't look as good as the customer thought they would. Being a painter ibelieve i think about these things a little more than others (<don't take that as me being cocky). I also thought about doing it to mine when i got itbut quickly realized not a good choice. I have not done one on a blazer, but i do not think it will look good.

my point of you (not to bring down your idea)

there are no hard body lines on the sides of the blazers to really accent a two-tone and give it the wow factor you want. Even with a pinstripe
I think it would look cheap.
You want black below the widows right? so basically only the hood, roof, and pillars would be red. that to me will not look very good. It would look better if you broke it off lower on the truck, but then again you don't have that hard body line to make it stand out.

If you did paint below the windows black. What would you do with the top of the fenders? leave then all red or or paint all but the top 4 inches of them black and leave the whole door painted black? either way man honostly it will not look good, or right.

Old 12-08-2007, 03:57 PM

i decided to just do a two tone below the trim on the side, im probly going to do silver like Lennyblazer's blazer, i like that look. andit would probly be cheaper to do.
https://blazerforum.com/photo.asp?ph...=6&apage=1

Old 12-08-2007, 08:37 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

Yeah what I have on my blazer is the stock paint job just so you know. I like it a lot, it breaks the truck up a little bit more and it looks a little more higher end that way I think. I don't know how black would look if you did black where my silver is and then red on top like mine, and then maybe a little silver pinstriping between the black and red. IDK, I like mine the way it is and am not planing on painting anytime soon except on tow hooks/frame rails/antenna/wiper arms, which are all going to be black.

Old 12-08-2007, 08:55 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

the red and black would look sweet IMO... if youve seen any of the F-150 FX4's that are red and black, they look awesome. i think they also have a pinstripe in between

EDIT: just googled it and found this pic. the FX4's are red and dark gray and i dont think theres a pinstripe, but it still looks good and i think it would look equally as good on a blazer

Quick Reply: Two Tone Paint?