Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

what cha ma-call'em window thingy's

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 11:32 AM
Banned
MuddBunny84 is on a distinguished road
Default what cha ma-call'em window thingy's

well on the 2dr 97 , the black almost...frame of the side back windows...mines weathered to the point of looking...suede almost (wish my cam battery had some life left) ...i was told by mom, some one had told her, to tell me ( confused yet?)
lol to sand it smooth spray it with black primer, sand it again and hit it a couple times with black high gloss(or my pref.)...is this even replacable or am i doomed to have to fix it my self..i'd much prefer some one who knows what they're doing instead of me i get kinda clueless in the middle of a project (good ol A.D.D.) and loose interest shortly after...

Old 12-01-2009, 11:53 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

That piece with be referred to as the window trim. Just about every 2dr out there is in the same situation as you. They ALL pitted and faded due to sun and weather (including mine). I have yet to see one in fairly good shape thats been on the road for a while...
Anyway, simple solution. There are several members that have re-done theres, and plenty of pics and info on how to do it. You can sand it, prime it and paint it again. If it's really badly pitted you might not get the same finish as it would have been from factory but it will look better that's for sure. You may want to try using some sort of filler if you have really bad pitting. If you do paint it you will have to do it on the truck. The trim is part of the window piece and does NOT come off the truck without removing the entire window.

Old 12-01-2009, 08:03 PM
Banned
MuddBunny84 is on a distinguished road

omg well no way in hell could i successfully take a window out an dput it bad in...im just not that good with that kinda stuff..so 'll just have to do it ON the truck yah i was thinking getting some filler and do it that way..might have my buddy i'm going to see tomorrow do it he has all the stuff and i can bring his beastly 88 chevy pick up home while we let every thing dry fully and get it done..

i dont care if its mint cond. when done but its 2 tone colored...just want that changed..might go emrald green like the rest of the truck....thx sisk glad one of us had the right words to properly name that lol (to think i graduated in cabinetry and couldnt find the right word for it when its obviously trim LOL)