Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Where to mount additional switches

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 10:50 AM
Steinbruchsoldat is on a distinguished road
Default Where to mount additional switches

Hi guys,
there are a few switches I want to mount at a "control panel" on the dash. For example winch, roof lights, etc.

I don`t have any idea where to mount them, would be great if you can give me some examples/suggestions.

Btw, there`s no more room in the ash tray, because there`s my cb...

Old 08-11-2010, 07:03 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Depending on trim/year, a lot of blazers have a cassette/cd holder in the center console. I've seen people who make a plastic cover for it and mount switches there. It's about 9x12cm so there should be plenty of room for switches

Old 08-11-2010, 07:44 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

I currently have a 3rd one next to the red switch, I'm sure you could squeeze one or two more

Old 08-11-2010, 08:30 PM
jdespain is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by mdehoogh
Depending on trim/year, a lot of blazers have a cassette/cd holder in the center console. I've seen people who make a plastic cover for it and mount switches there. It's about 9x12cm so there should be plenty of room for switches
That is exactly what I did. Four switches and an indicator lamp for my reverse light. Plenty of room for more if needed.

Attached Thumbnails Where to mount additional switches-018.jpg  
Old 08-12-2010, 12:13 PM
Steinbruchsoldat is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Benedict1337
I currently have a 3rd one next to the red switch, I'm sure you could squeeze one or two more
Good solution, but there`s a oem switch on mine...

Originally Posted by jdespain
That is exactly what I did. Four switches and an indicator lamp for my reverse light. Plenty of room for more if needed.
So, there`s a cup holder that I want to keep...

Another ideas?

Old 08-12-2010, 01:19 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Benedict1337
You could maybe put some just above the parking brake release lever. I've seen that done before too.

Old 08-12-2010, 01:24 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

I also had the stock fog switch there however I removed it and the hole was perfect for those switches. I also rewired my fogs in the bumper so they stay on even when the high beams are on. They don't do a lot for light but its a little more added visibility. the only thing that doesn't make sense to me is when you disconnect the stock switch it messes with the interior lights, and I had to make a switch for those as well

Old 08-12-2010, 03:03 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

you can also make a panel to go where the coin holder is or the cd holder. That reminds me i need to post my panel for sale on here.

Old 09-24-2010, 11:43 AM
Beginning Member
High_Speed is on a distinguished road

Mine has all those overhead compartments in the middle of the ceiling, and I've just been trying to think of something I could add that would require some toggle switches that I could put up there. lmao

Old 09-24-2010, 11:58 AM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

If you wanted, and have an overhead console, and do not use the garage door location, mounth them there....

Quick Reply: Where to mount additional switches