Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Whole body paint.

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 05:34 PM
Starting Member
W2JGA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Whole body paint.

Thinking about changing the color of our Blazer.

To something like canary yellow.

Now, question is, can I sand down to the existing BC and apply the new BC and CC? Considering the existing paint is in great condition.

I have painted before, and have the tools necessary.(painted the dreaded white curse Bonneville last year)

Old 01-26-2009, 05:46 PM
Beginning Member
blazen4wd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Whole body paint.

is there anything wrong with the paint if not then i wouldnt paint it

Old 01-26-2009, 05:57 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, that's a really big picture. A paint job that equals a factory applied finish usually costs thousands of dollars for a reason. Unless you have a good painting environment and are really good with a gun, I say why do it if there's nothing wrong with the paint on the truck now. I've gotten used to my Light Pewter Metallic (aka SoccerMom Gray). Just my feelings.

Old 01-27-2009, 03:20 AM
Starting Member
W2JGA is an unknown quantity at this point

Thousands? When I painted my Bonneville in my garage last year, it cost $280 for the paint. Primer, BC and CC. It was painted from the metal up. And aside from already owning an aircompressor, various spray guns, masks etc, and doing it for the first time, it came out better than I thought it would.
But, you don't have to have anything wrong with paint to repaint it. Other than the fact that I don't like the current color.

ORIGINAL: rriddle3

Wow, that's a really big picture. A paint job that equals a factory applied finish usually costs thousands of dollars for a reason. Unless you have a good painting environment and are really good with a gun, I say why do it if there's nothing wrong with the paint on the truck now. I've gotten used to my Light Pewter Metallic (aka SoccerMom Gray). Just my feelings.

Old 02-02-2009, 08:14 AM
watsonmt is an unknown quantity at this point

if the existing BC is in good shape then you can paint over it with no problems just sand it down good