Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

window tint

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 10:33 AM
Starting Member
fla_blazer4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default window tint

i just got 15% window tint all around and in florida thats illiegal. but my main concern is that the insurance company has to take pictures of the blazer so i cant go to them and say this is broke and it was allready broke for froud. how can they tell and is it a big deal whats the worst that can happin?

Old 12-06-2007, 11:02 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: window tint

They use a light meter to measure the true % of light passing through the window. But anyone experienced with looking at vehicles would be able to tell if it's a little darker than normal, and an over-zealous adjuster might alert someone who can do something about your tint. In NC the penalty is a fine and you have something like 30 days to correct it. Although I'm sure theres a permit process you can go through or something...you dont see limos getting pulled over all the time for window tint

Old 12-06-2007, 01:08 PM
Starting Member
fla_blazer4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point

yea i know about the light test im not worryed about cops i kno how to get out of that its just the insurance dude has to inspect my blazer and i dont know if it will be a big deal and my insurance will go up

Old 12-06-2007, 01:47 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

does florida have the AS1 line regulation? in nc you cant have any tint on the windshield below the AS1 line, and if you do it makes the vehicle non-driveable. I highly doubt theyll raise your rate though for tint. Insurance is statistics based, and I don't think i've ever heard a stat about window tint and accident correlations.

I actually bought my blazer in florida so its got a pretty nice tint as far as NC vehicles go..I have to pay $1.85 every time I get inspected so they can test the tint [:@]

Old 12-06-2007, 02:35 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

ORIGINAL: fla_blazer4x4
i just got 15% window tint all around and in florida thats illiegal...
I'm a little confused. You knew the illegality in advance, but now you're worried about the insurance company?[sm=dontgetit.gif]

Old 12-06-2007, 05:41 PM
95_4door is an unknown quantity at this point

Window tint is also illegal in Illinois, but I have tint all the way around. When I got insurance on it, the isurance company looked at it and asked if the tint was factory or not. I told them no and she said that she will document it incase a window gets broken and they have to replace it, tint and all. They didn't even care that it was illegal to have it on there.

Old 12-06-2007, 06:22 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

hey riddle, do you know the tint laws here in TX?

Old 12-06-2007, 06:57 PM

Otnietdehoo, here are your tint laws.

Windshield
Non-reflective tint is allowed along the top of the windshield above the manufacturer's AS-1 line.

FrontSideWindows
Must allow more than 25% of light in.

BackSideWindows
Must allow more than 25% of light in.

RearWindow
Any darkness can be used.
hopefully that will help.

this site should help everybody out with the laws.

Old 12-06-2007, 07:32 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

thanks for that link

would the rear cargo area windows be classified as "back side windows" or "rear window"?

those are sorta what i thought they would be. i thought it was 25% on the front windows and then from the backseat back, it could be as dark as you wanted

Old 12-06-2007, 07:34 PM

They would be classified as back side windows.

Quick Reply: window tint