Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Would these be a good buy?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 06:36 PM
Starting Member
Crestwood1001 is on a distinguished road
Default Would these be a good buy?

My air conditioning is out and i have more important things to spend the money on right now so i was thinking about just getting the window deflectors because when its raining and i gotta have my windows up it gets HOT in there so they would let me keep them down a little. Do you guys think it would help? I found them on crutchfield for 70$

Old 05-23-2009, 06:39 PM
oisinirish is an unknown quantity at this point

WAY too expensive. I have em on my '05 silverado because I smoke and need a little ventilation even when raining. They work like they're supposed to but you shouldn't be paying more than $35.00 for the set, unless it includes a deflector for he hood then maybe $70.00.

Old 05-23-2009, 06:47 PM
Starting Member

Where did ya find them for that much? I dont wanna order online so if u can come up with a store that would be great, i already have the hood thing it was on the truck when i got it, look at my avatar lol

Old 05-23-2009, 06:53 PM
oisinirish is an unknown quantity at this point

Got mine from NAPA. I have an affinity for them as that's all we deal with company-wide. Plus they're usually indepnedantly owned/operated so you can bargain.
Check these out. CLick. Prolly cheaper if not in Maryland...LOL.
Just for reference a corporate account usually gets about 15% off so they have room to bargain off retail. (That price is retail.)

Old 05-23-2009, 07:31 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

I got Auto Ventshades for my last two vehicles at Pep Boys.

Old 05-23-2009, 08:01 PM
Starting Member

Well these ones are ment for this truck, those are kinda like universal

Old 05-23-2009, 08:40 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

If you are referring to my post, I have to correct you. The AVS are model specific.

Old 05-23-2009, 09:01 PM
Starting Member

The ones that i was looking at go into the frame of the window instead of just sticking to the door

Old 05-24-2009, 03:06 AM
Starting Member
Yooper is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Crestwood1001
The ones that i was looking at go into the frame of the window instead of just sticking to the door
You are talking about in-channel vent visors.

You might want to double check the original ones you found for $70. It is probably a set of four. In that case it would be worth it, but if you are paying $70 for just the two front ones you are getting ripped off. IMO if you have a four door it just looks bad to have vent visors only on the front two doors. Spend the money to get all four.

Old 05-24-2009, 03:40 AM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

$70 does seem a bit high even for a set of 4 visors, i picked up a set of 4 AVS from Checkers last year for $56

Quick Reply: Would these be a good buy?