Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

wow---bright!!!! (and wide)

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 12:19 AM
sledneck16 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default wow---bright!!!! (and wide)

I was in such a good mood tonight i decided to hook up my fog lights (i set all the wiring in place a few days ago)

they are 6" KC Daylighter Titaniums 130W. two on my brushguard (temporary) and one mounted on my tire gate [8D]
I have a diffused cover for the rear for a wider spread (its there for reversing in the bush/at night)
the fronts will be mounted outside of the bullguard on the angled parts once i stiffen the guard--thats why the ratchet strap
is there for now--it wobbles like my uncle at the family reunion after a few pints

Here's my wiring setup [8D]

and the lights

Also, here's a before and after pic of my trucks stance with my spacers
--2" rear aluminum spacers (2" per side)
--1.25" front aluminum spacers (1.25" per side)

BEFORE:

AFTER:

once again guys--thanks for the ROTM win and congratulations to the next winner! I hope everyone likes my continuing mods! [8D]

Old 10-21-2006, 02:49 AM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of
Default RE: wow---bright!!!! (and wide)

are those the slimlites with the H4 bulb or are they the sealed beam daylighters? I have the sealed beam daylighters 150W and my friend has the 130W Slimlites on his silverado.... and WOW they are bright... nice looking setup.... that safari bar comes in handy... i hate how weak it is though..... my lights shake out of alignment when im off road.... im swapping mine for a westin push bar... good luck reinforcing yours man.....

Old 10-21-2006, 08:14 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Looks great! So those safari bars aren't all that stable huh? Hmm... Looks like I need to find something else to dress the front of my Bravada. LOL...

Old 10-21-2006, 12:12 PM
SaigaShooter is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice looking truck. And I can second the unstableness of the safari bar.

Old 10-21-2006, 02:39 PM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

hmmm my buddy has a safari bar on his ranger and its really steady...it doesn't shake at all

Old 10-21-2006, 03:56 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

The safari bar for the ranger is a different part number with a different mounting kit. . . I had one on a 2wd ranger and it didn't shake either... thats why I got one for the blazer.... I guess the mounting kit is just weak for the blazer.... oh well... win some lose some. .

Old 10-22-2006, 02:07 AM

the biggest problem for the westin/blazer mounting kit is that the gusset is just bent near the one side-=--if it was welded it would be a lot stronger.

for now, the ratchet strap does wonders!! my stock headlights have a bigger wiggle lol

they're the big ol' thick daylighters--i love the look of a deep foglight from the side---i'll get some sideshots up eventually too....[8D]

Old 10-22-2006, 02:21 AM

I have the big thick daylighters too..... my problem is... they get really hot... and where I have a white truck... the right side light kind of burnt a little spot on my bumper.... well, really just discolored it... nothin I can't fix......

Old 10-22-2006, 03:05 PM

cool i'll watch out for that when i re-mount them--for now they just touch the lower valence. [8D]

Old 10-22-2006, 07:02 PM

Yea... thats the part I was talkin about anyways... the plastic below the bumper. . . they are very good lights though. .