Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Xtreme/96 Doors

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 06:47 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough
Default Xtreme/96 Doors

I was browsing eBay (boardness) and I came across these xTreme doors. I thought "Man, these would look cool on my blaz" so I figured I'll ask. I won't remember my blazer having a rounded corner on the bottom, would this fit on with no leaks or anything? I dunno if that stuff happens with the inside-door stuff (since it's just the panel, and not the hole door) but what the heck, I have no idea.

And the button panel from my 96 (the lock/windows buttons) would fit on right? Looks like it should.

Anyway the colors of the door are pretty bad, I'd need to find some leather paint. This has got to be one of the only xTreme doors on eBay without manual control. Geeze it took a long time to find some...

Old 02-20-2010, 07:02 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Well, those aren't xtreme doors. They are out of a GMC Envoy. Besides that there is nothing "special" about these so called xtreme parts you're posting up. xtreme Blazers are the same as a regular Blazer inside and out, just lowered with a body kit from the factory.
Anyway, I don't see these fitting THAT easily. It is possible though. Keep in mind your door handles are shaped totally different.
As for "fitting without leaking"...I'm not sure what you mean by that. It's not the door panel that seals the door...it's the weatherstripping on the actual door itself. You're just changing the interior panel, so it wouldn't have anything to do with leaking. The shape of the doors didn't change from 95-97 vs 98+, so you should be ok. My only concern would be with the handles and also with the bottom tray fitting with your seats. These door panels bulge out a lot more on the bottom then the 96's. Keep in mind you have different seats then 98+. I'm not sure if they are wider or not...

EDIT: I just went looking for a 96 door to compare. Your switches are a different size & shape too...

Last edited by Sisk; 02-20-2010 at 07:06 PM.
Old 02-20-2010, 07:44 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

Yeah the door handles are really different (imo mine are kind of weird looking, being a triangle and all, lol)

Keep in mind you have different seats then 98+. I'm not sure if they are wider or not...
Hmmm didn't think about that. I really like the bottom tray but they do stick out a bit. I'll do some research on seat-sizes