Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

ZR2 Two Door Rear Storage Hatch

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 07:07 PM
multitrack24 is on a distinguished road
Default ZR2 Two Door Rear Storage Hatch

Needing to replace the latch to one of the two storage hatches in the back seat near the floor. It's to a 2004 Two Door ZR2. Can anyone help me get into the hatch to replace the broken latch? It's shut and i need to get in to replace the part.

Old 01-01-2011, 08:02 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Never had to do what you are attempting, but I would suggest getting the complete door for your local junk yard.

Then a drill and jig saw will allow you to get access to the inside of the compartment to open said stuck latch, open and replace the whole kit and kaboodle.

Yes, kaboodle really is a word!

I think.

Old 01-02-2011, 02:44 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by AJBert

Yes, kaboodle really is a word!

I think.
so it seems.......

Dictionary.com spells it with a "c" not a "k" though.

and Wikipedia had this to say........"Kaboodle is a spelling derivation of the English word "caboodle", meaning a group, bunch, lot, pack, or collection of things or people."

although we all know how much BS floats around Wikipedia!

Old 01-08-2011, 04:52 AM
cochran07 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm asuming you have the tailgate that drops and the glass that lifts (obviously) if so yes but its a pain. You have to crawl into the back and basicly break off the rear panel as carefully as possible and then figure out why its not unlatching then unlatch it. I know this is vauge but about the best I can do. Be prepared to use every cuss word in the book. At least the one I've had to fix was a pita!