2011.12 ROTM - swartlkk

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 09:20 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute
Default 2011.12 ROTM - swartlkk

Classic iron prevailed on this last ROTM contest with Kyle's (swartlkk) vintage K5 project!

Here's some information on his build:

Description:

Picked the truck up as a driver/project for $500. Both of my son's (Kaleb-6 & Gavin-4) call this Daddy's Vroom Vroom Truck. This is due to their impressions of the truck when I was playing around with open headers.

Engine/Drivetrain Modifications:

350CID v8 engine from a 75 Nova (or Corvette) backed by a rebuilt TH350 with NP203 transfer case. Front axle is a Dana-44 and rear is Corp 12 bolt both currently with 3.73:1 gears.

Suspension Modifications:

3" body lift
1" zero-rates in the back to level things up
New drag link ends

Wheels/Tires Modifications:

33x12.5 BFGoodrich M/T tires on 15x10 6 lug rims

Interior/Exterior Modifications:

Stripped interior w/ factory tall buckets up front.

Future Modifications:

1990 TBI 5.7L v8 from a Suburban.
Complete wiring harness and dash swap from the 'burb as well.

Keeping the TH350/NP203 combo for now, but picked up two NP205 transfer cases and have a spare NP203.

I have a set of 4.10 gears for the D44 and a Corp 10 bolt with 8-lug outer knuckles for transplant to match up with the Corp 14 bolt rear axle. I also just picked up a set of 3.73 gears for the 14BFF.

I have a complete set of doors, two GM tailgates, and a complete set of used GM rear quarter panels that will be used to refresh the body of the truck. I still need to pickup the floors, front body support, and a few other miscellaneous body panels to stitch it back together.

PICS:

Kyle's K5 garage
Kyle's K5 album
Kyle's profile