Performance & Brainstorming Want to free up some HP? Looking at headers? Ask your performance related questions here!

300 bucks to spend...

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 01:01 PM
Beginning Member
hpb182 is on a distinguished road
Default 300 bucks to spend...

I've got 300 bucks to spend on my 99 Blazer ( White, 4 door, 4wd)...

Any suggestions or ideas on how to spruce it up? Make it look better and run better on a budget?

Any ideas would be awesome.

Old 06-02-2010, 01:15 PM
PaulO2288 is on a distinguished road

Well since budget wise I would put in a free flowing muffler, and a tune, tune, tune, tune, tune, tune, tune. Did I mention tune at all?

Old 06-02-2010, 01:25 PM
Beginning Member

Free flowing muffler?? As in flowmaster's?

Excuse my non-mechanicness

Old 06-02-2010, 03:40 PM
Phil is on a distinguished road

Eh, just depends on what sound you like best. A lot of people say the Flowmasters dont flow as well as Magnaflow,Dynomax, Hooker, Edelbrock, Cherry Bomb, etc. And yes, some Flowmasters do not flow as well as other ones, but we're talking about such a non-noticable amout. As in less than 2HP. Unless you're planning on doing some serious racing at the track, then when will that ever matter? Plus, I don't give a hoot who is using their butt dyno, you can't feel the difference.

If you like the sound of a Flowmaster on a 4.3, then get one. If you like something else, then get that. Personally, the Edelbrock SDT with 2 1/2" inlet and outlet is what I have currently being shipped my way. Checkout youtube and just do searches for "4.3 insert desired muffler brand here".

Old 06-02-2010, 07:45 PM
PaulO2288 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Phil
Eh, just depends on what sound you like best. A lot of people say the Flowmasters dont flow as well as Magnaflow,Dynomax, Hooker, Edelbrock, Cherry Bomb, etc. And yes, some Flowmasters do not flow as well as other ones, but we're talking about such a non-noticable amout. As in less than 2HP. Unless you're planning on doing some serious racing at the track, then when will that ever matter? Plus, I don't give a hoot who is using their butt dyno, you can't feel the difference.

If you like the sound of a Flowmaster on a 4.3, then get one. If you like something else, then get that. Personally, the Edelbrock SDT with 2 1/2" inlet and outlet is what I have currently being shipped my way. Checkout youtube and just do searches for "4.3 insert desired muffler brand here".
Well when i did my mandral bent 2.5" Flowmaster 40 Catback I noticed a huge difference in throttle response along with some power overall comapred to stock

Old 06-02-2010, 07:56 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

You could paint your wheels..
Get new wheels, lol
Get a new CD player
Custom lights
Custom grill
Decals

Ideas ideas ideas...

Old 06-02-2010, 08:47 PM
jdespain is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by PaulO2288
Well since budget wise I would put in a free flowing muffler, and a tune, tune, tune, tune, tune, tune, tune. Did I mention tune at all?
Agreed!
What upgrades (if any) have already been done?

Old 06-02-2010, 10:33 PM
Starting Member
Ck1500 is on a distinguished road

how about a handheld programmer? like a Hypertech or something along those lines?
i picked one up off of craigslist and have enjoyed the ablility to tinker with set points and adjust shift points and what not. plus if you get one used, you will have extra money to put into something like a K&N filter, or something like that.

but this all depends on what you have already done to this vehicle also...

Ck1500

Old 06-02-2010, 10:41 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

tint your tails, get some fog lights, I'd go for a stereo if you like to listen to music. When I started thinking about upgrades I thought about what do I use the most? the radio. so its good to ask yourself what do want your truck to do what will you use the most. Such as I do a lot of night driving so I invested in some brighter lights. stuff like that

Old 06-06-2010, 08:04 PM
Beginning Member

yea, i think im gonna get my front two windows tinted...grab an exhaust and throw some lights on there..for now, i could go on and on.

Quick Reply: 300 bucks to spend...