Performance & Brainstorming Want to free up some HP? Looking at headers? Ask your performance related questions here!

95 throttle body

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 06:10 PM
Starting Member
95LS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 95 throttle body

does anyone know if there is a aftermarket throttle body (bigger)that will fit on a 95? ive seen tb spacers but no tb's. what gives ?

Old 04-17-2008, 09:21 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: 95 throttle body

Considering the fact that the throttle body IS the upper plenum (all one peice), I think you are going to be out of luck with this one...

Old 04-18-2008, 10:22 PM
Starting Member

if there is a aftermarket intake i havent found one so ill take it that there is none. i found a JET tb spacer that claims to offer 4-15 ish hp, dynomax exhaust that offers 10-25 ish hp, gibson claims 10-20% in hp gains, edelbrock headers claim up to 1 second off 0-60 times, K&N claims 7.9 hp, voolant clains up to 18 hp, MSD claims 10-20ish hp, then a jet stage 2 chip and thats pretty much all the bolt ons ive seen available for my 95. am i missing anything ?

Old 04-19-2008, 10:33 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Link to the Jet TB spacer?? I'd be interested in seeing how they accomplish putting a spacer onto the CPI motor...

Old 04-19-2008, 11:07 AM
Starting Member

http://www.performancecenter.com/thr...le-body-spacer

*Combining Consecutive Posts*

i just looked at that site and it says in red right under the picture NOT TBI models. then under the description it says it fits between the stock throttle body and intake manifold. i thought by 95 they got rid of the throttle bodiesand they were all cpi motors?

Old 04-19-2008, 11:13 AM
Starting Member

i just looked at that site and it says in red right under the picture NOT TBI models. then under the description it says it fits between the stock throttle body and intake manifold. i thought by 95 they got rid of the throttle bodiesand they were all cpi motors?

Old 04-19-2008, 12:00 PM
Administrator

Yeah, there was no TBI for '95, but the other thing you need to look at is where said spacer would even go... Last I looked, the throttle body and upper plenum were all one peice.

Old 04-19-2008, 01:18 PM
Starting Member

to be honest i havent even looked at mine. but i was under the assumption that it could be replaced or removed because i read on a post here where people take off a piece on the back of the butterfly to make it less restrictive. if it was all one piece how could someone remove the restrictive piece on the butterflies?

Old 04-19-2008, 01:20 PM
Administrator

That is on the '96+ SCFI motors. Not on the CPI motor.

Old 04-19-2008, 10:58 PM
Starting Member

i dont see why that site claims that will work on my 95 if the tb is part of the intake then obviously i cant take it apart to put the spacer in there.

Quick Reply: 95 throttle body