Performance & Brainstorming Want to free up some HP? Looking at headers? Ask your performance related questions here!

Anyone try Pulstar plugs yet?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 09:44 AM
Brian_L is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone try Pulstar plugs yet?

These things are getting pretty popular.

Hot Rodding magazine even had an article that showed that changing to those plugs alone added more horses than a cat-back exhaust. May be a gimmick, who knows. But has anyone tried them out yet? Worth it?

Old 02-03-2009, 11:42 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: Anyone try Pulstar plugs yet?

I thought some one on here had tried them and loved em...

But...I stuck with delcos. Id suggest the same. Put the $$ into something else for the blaze

Old 02-03-2009, 11:52 AM

Oh I know. Ive always stuck with Delcos. Ive tried to run others just to see what they were like, and no bueno. But now I got a cam and Im just trying to get some plugs that may burn all the fuel im dumping into more efficiently. The Delcos are doing just fine but Im sure if I get my ECM reprogrammed and throw some Pulstars in it I can get some more HP out of it. Im not worried about MPG at all so i want to dump as much fuel as I can, if it will all get burned.

Old 02-04-2009, 08:50 AM
Starting Member
BlazinMike89 is an unknown quantity at this point

They say their spark lasts 2 billionths of a second while in conventional plugs the spark lasts 30 milllionths of a second. That means there is a shorter amount of time the A/F mixture is exposed to a means of igniting, so if the swirling mixture isn't exactly the right ratio at the point of the Pulstar when it gets its' short burst, a misfire will result causing a reduction in power and with the new OBD II system, it'll throw an engine misfire code. Just Stick to AC Delco. All of these plugs from, Nology and there Hotwires and Pulstar capacitor is a horsepower scam. If You wanna change your ignition i Reccomend Changing the Distrbutor and Possbily adding a Module and Blaster Coil From MSD. While I Doubt youll gain HP, Itll be a little more efficent and a more powerful spark comared to the inductive igntion systems.

Old 02-04-2009, 08:54 AM
Starting Member

I Also Want To Add that Newer Plugs that Use Iridium Suck. They Use iridium bc it can last 100K before tuneups. Use either platinum or the only other spark plug beside AC Delco that I Use was Nology Silver Spark Plugs, bc Silver is extrmemly good electrical conducter. Only side effect is they dont usually last very long, def not 100K. But I Went Back To Delco after i needed replacement of them.

Old 02-04-2009, 09:42 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

To what are you basing your opinion that Iridium plugs "suck".

Old 02-04-2009, 05:23 PM
Blazin NC is an unknown quantity at this point

I had Pulstar Plugs, but found out that they were the cause of my PO300 random misfire.... hmmm. So I do not recommend them, for $25 each they are not worth it.

Old 02-04-2009, 06:00 PM

Im sure it just depends on the vehicle. Ive sold a few sets so far and the people that bought them loved them. One guy had a newer Civic with less than 20k miles on it and changed to them and said he noticed a huge difference.

Old 02-04-2009, 09:01 PM
Starting Member

ORIGINAL: swartlkk

To what are you basing your opinion that Iridium plugs "suck".
I meant that in overall electrical conductivity for Pure Performance. Overall they perform decent but not good for pure performance.

Old 02-04-2009, 11:51 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

ORIGINAL: Brian_L
Civic

well there's your problem..

Quick Reply: Anyone try Pulstar plugs yet?