Performance & Brainstorming Want to free up some HP? Looking at headers? Ask your performance related questions here!

Blazer FuelMaXX Performance Chip

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 03:03 PM
Mickeymouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Blazer FuelMaXX Performance Chip

Hi there...

I was justlooking through ebay and I came across this chip, And I wonderif anyone had tried this one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=220202989363

It's looks very promisning, but sometimes you still wonder if it's really that good?

Any comments?

Regards Michael

Old 02-18-2008, 03:27 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Blazer FuelMaXX Performance Chip

Bogus! Another IAT sensor modifier. Doesn't work as advertised!

Old 02-20-2008, 01:47 PM

Ok, just a I suspected....Far to good values to be true, does anyone have a better chip to recommend?

Regards Michael

Old 02-20-2008, 05:31 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Well...what are you driving? It's a good idea to include your vehicle information into your signature (see mine below for an example).

Old 02-21-2008, 01:21 PM

Oops sorry! Didn't think of that...changed my profile...[sm=oopssign.gif]

Old 02-21-2008, 02:34 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just not sure that you can find a 'chip' for a '97. Since they are OBDII controlled, I think a programmer may be your only option. For example, here is what Hypertech shows available.

Old 02-25-2008, 01:51 PM

Hi again...

Thanx for the tip, looks very intresting....But i couldn't found any salesman outside the US...

Any ideas?? Anyone??

Regards Michael

Old 02-25-2008, 02:35 PM
BF Guru

Quite a few places sell them online. Here are some examples of a model that would work for your truck. I have one like it, just made for my year model.

Old 02-25-2008, 04:00 PM

Thanks haven't looked them all over, did it make any diffrence with it?

I mean when you have adjusted diffrent values?

I have an OBD II diagnostic tool I bought for my Cosworth, could you or anyone tell me what's the diffrence between these two?The one I used you can hook up with your laptop.

Is it just the software? I wondering because you use the OBD contact?
If its just the software can I get a hold of it?

Many question I know but sinceI'm a newbie to thistype of programming, I'll rather ask one time to many? If you know what I mean?

Regards Michael

Old 02-25-2008, 05:43 PM
BF Guru

To be honest, if I had paid the going rate for the programmer, I would be unsatisfied with the results, but I bought it from an individual and got a steal of a deal. There are programs that you can run from a computer and retune your PCM that allow you to change a whole lot of the performance and operational parameters and they can make some pretty impressive gains for you, but if you do not know exactly what you are doing, things can get messed up really bad really quick. The type programmers like Hypertech, Jet, Edge, etc keep things safe by not reprogramming all that is possible.
Another option is to use a service such as Wait4Me that sells a PCM tuned to your specifications, or will retune the one from your own vehicle. There are threads here on the Forum that talk about some of these products and services. Search around here and you can get more information. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Blazer FuelMaXX Performance Chip