Performance & Brainstorming Want to free up some HP? Looking at headers? Ask your performance related questions here!

Cheapets and Easiest way to Get More Hp

Old 10-08-2008, 07:51 PM
Beginning Member
abgehend is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Cheapets and Easiest way to Get More Hp

Usually when I get a new vehicle the first things I do are: Plugs, Wires, Cap, Rotor, Coil, Intake and exhaust work. Just these few things if done right can give quite a bit of difference. Sometimes with surprising results.

Old 10-08-2008, 10:58 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Intake and exhaust doesn't give that much preformance boost on blazers

Some say a complete new intake (FIPK) gives much cleaner throttle response, but not much of a mileage nor power boost.

Old 10-11-2008, 06:26 PM
vin791 is an unknown quantity at this point

it doesnt give much unless you upgrade your injection. go new high rise manifold, 4 barrel tbi instead of the stock 2. then give it an intake and exhaust

Old 10-11-2008, 06:51 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

How many barrels does my fuel injected 4.3 have?

Old 10-11-2008, 09:07 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

vin791's advice really only applies to the TBI motor. Even then, I do not know how much you will gain with using a 4-barrel TBI unit. You will need to do a lot of supporting mods to utilize the extra CFM (ie. high RPM == head work, larger valves, higher lift/duration cam, free flowing exhaust). A common mod is to use the v8 2-barrel TBI unit for added air & fuel flow.

Jason, to answer your question, your truck has a single barrel.

Old 10-11-2008, 11:54 PM

i havent done that yet to mine, i was simply throwin that out there. i know in concept it works all over the place. you could adjust your flow via chip and programmer too, but that'll only get you so far.

basically, it's been said before. the only way to get cheap power of the 4.3is to add 2 more cylinders. pull out that 4.3 and drop in a 350. you can get them all over the place pushin 300Hp for around 2 grand. if you get a junkyard find on one runnin good you can get one even cheaper.

how much are you looking to spend?

Old 10-13-2008, 12:23 AM
SmokeU is an unknown quantity at this point

very good thread and very interested in this

to bad I don't know squat beyond just adding a K&N intake, high flow cat, a pair of good headers, and a new muffler for sound / possible performance gain

Old 11-27-2008, 08:48 AM
Beginning Member
lt170chevelle is an unknown quantity at this point

everything does count ..might not be very much but will add up in the end....and as said before it all depends on your wallet size. A cold air intake with a free flow filter a more free flowing muffler and a tune will make some difference.those are about the cheapest things you can do besides maybe dropping weight out of the truck...but can only drop so much lol...thats all i got

Old 11-28-2008, 06:51 AM
salvy is an unknown quantity at this point

Drop a big block in it !

Old 11-30-2008, 03:07 AM

oh another thought, if you can do the work yourself, the vortech supercharger (or basically any supercharger made for a 350 of similar year) will fit these 4.3s and give sick ammounts of power. however if you want to retain engine life you need to do some internal upgrades

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cheapets and Easiest way to Get More Hp