Performance & Brainstorming Want to free up some HP? Looking at headers? Ask your performance related questions here!

FYI on 4WheelParts 8" Lift Kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 07:33 PM
Beginning Member
Verzwyvelt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default FYI on 4WheelParts 8" Lift Kit

Hey Everyone! It's been a while since we've talked but, we have some important info to share![:@]Purchased a 8" lift kit from 4WheelParts (8"superlift springs, GDL40 Pro-Comp, 4" drop steering link, GM 400 Pro-Comp drop steering arm.) Installed everthing and then discovered truck wouldn't turn to the right as well as it would to the left. Couldn't adjust GDL40 out long enough. Spoke to Pro-Comp and was informed GDL40 was only engineered for 6" max lift. Pro-Comp suggested I speak to SuperLift for a longer steering link! Dave at SuperLift suggested part #3040 plus 1.5. We are waiting for delivery.

[:'(]4WheelParts insist that the GDL40 will work for a 8" lift, although I found it does not work properly. As this is a slow moving project, they also informed me that I would have to eat the $150.00 part because I had it to long and installed it. Have not figured out how I could have seen that it would not have worked without installing it!!! Now I must pay for their failure to properly have researched the parts they recommend and sell! Stay tuned and I will advise results of SuperLift steering link infomation. Most important I hope this helps anyone avoid getting screwed like us!![&:]

PS. If anyone has had similar experience, PLEASE SHARE!!!!

Old 11-18-2007, 09:17 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: FYI on 4WheelParts 8" Lift Kit

Thanks for the update.
I hear a lot of bad things about 4wheel parts, mostly after teh sale customer service.

Old 12-08-2007, 06:35 PM
non blazing 4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: FYI on 4WheelParts 8" Lift Kit

I had a 89 k5 with a 6' lift and 3' body lift and it also had trouble turning. All I needed was a drop drag link. I dont know if thats the same thing your talking about when you say steering link or not. I sold the blazer before i could put the drop drag link on but i just though i was mention that just incase they are two differnt things.