Go Back  Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums > Modifications > Performance & Brainstorming
Reload this Page >

Gain Horsepower by having Peak Speed Shop port your Intake Manifold!

Performance & Brainstorming Want to free up some HP? Looking at headers? Ask your performance related questions here!

Gain Horsepower by having Peak Speed Shop port your Intake Manifold!

Old 10-11-2012, 12:26 PM
BlazerForum Sponsor
Peak Speed Shop is on a distinguished road
Default Gain Horsepower by having Peak Speed Shop port your Intake Manifold!

Peak Speed Shop is a new Supporting Vendor.
We RADICAL port Trailblazer SS and GM Gen IV 6.0L/6.2L Truck Intake Manifolds! Gain 15-20 rwhp!
BEFORE

AFTER

Cory Harris from LS2PortWorks had perfected a method for completely opening up that hole deep in the plenum and removing additional barriers that restricted air flow in the TBSS and Gen IV (6.0L, 6.2L) truck manifolds. Cory's customers typically saw 15 rwhp / 15 rwtq gains and some of the 6.2L customers with headers, a significant cam and ported heads reported as high as a 20 rwhp gain.
Many of you truck guys were saddened when Cory announced he was no longer porting the truck manifolds. We are happy to announce that for the past four months we have been working with Cory to learn his techniques for porting these manifolds in order to pick up where he left off. In order to perform the porting, the top of the manifold is removed and then reattached once the porting is complete.
The cost for RADICAL porting of your manifold is just $425. We can port your throttle body at the same time for just $75 additional.
TBSS owners... we have some ported manifolds in our inventory. If you don't want your vehicle down while you wait to send your manifold back and forth, simply pay a refundable core charge to have us ship one from inventory and return yours once the job is complete.
Order on our web site at:
http://peakspeedshop.com/Zen_Cart/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=65_69[/URL]

Old 10-26-2012, 05:43 PM
BlazerForum Sponsor
Default L92 installation

Here are photos and comments on a customer's recent install of the Peak Speed Shop Radical Ported intake manifold for GM Gen IV and TBSS trucks

Overall the truck pulls better esp on the high end

stock manifold intake inlet
Name:  20121021_144049.jpg
Views: 631
Size:  57.6 KB
vs the new ported one
Name:  20121021_142511.jpg
Views: 1151
Size:  128.6 KB

on the truck
[/QUOTE]

Old 10-26-2012, 10:54 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

That's all nice, looks decent, but what about a vortech 4.3?
Granted my intake is different but what could you do/show pics for a vortech 4.3? 1st & 2nd gen. Most in here have those & not a K5 with a 350/5.7 or a 378/6.2.
Some do go with a 327/5.3 conversion though.
See one in a 2nd gen blazer, VERY nice!

Old 10-27-2012, 01:51 AM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

I'd rather see flow bench numbers and dyno sheets over claims of gains. Then again I been porting heads and wet manifolds for a few years now, lol.

Old 10-29-2012, 04:05 PM
BlazerForum Sponsor

Originally Posted by Rottidog View Post
That's all nice, looks decent, but what about a vortech 4.3?
Granted my intake is different but what could you do/show pics for a vortech 4.3? 1st & 2nd gen. Most in here have those & not a K5 with a 350/5.7 or a 378/6.2.
Some do go with a 327/5.3 conversion though.
See one in a 2nd gen blazer, VERY nice!
Not sure we'll be able to help the Gen1 and II 4.3L. We're working on a kit that would allow 5.3L Gen III owners to install our Radical Ported TBSS manifold. Perhaps something will spin out of that.

Old 10-29-2012, 04:06 PM
BlazerForum Sponsor

Originally Posted by neo71665 View Post
I'd rather see flow bench numbers and dyno sheets over claims of gains. Then again I been porting heads and wet manifolds for a few years now, lol.
We don't have a dyno in our shop. However, we do report gains based on what customers have reported back. These are better anyhow because they are 3rd party, non-biased, results.
On the radical ported TBSS manifold, customers report about a 10-15 rwhp gain. The 4.8L engines can expect closer to 10 rwhp gain whereas the 6.0L TBSS engines around 15 rwhp gain. Engines that have other mods like cam and head work that demand more airflow can see higher gains.

Old 10-29-2012, 04:33 PM
Logan is on a distinguished road

My *** dyno reported a 50hp gain with new gears...

Without proof it will be hard to believe. Its easy to say it will give you a gain, its another to prove it. And I think very few people on here are running a 4.2 compared to a 4.3l...

Old 10-30-2012, 11:57 AM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Logan View Post
My *** dyno reported a 50hp gain with new gears...

Without proof it will be hard to believe. Its easy to say it will give you a gain, its another to prove it. <snip>...

Thats my point, when somebody spends $450 they want to see gains if they are there or not to justify the money spent. Dynos don't lie. Im sure this works to some degree but from experience sometimes opening ports up too big can hurt more than having them too small. Thats what makes a flow bench and dyno testing must dos when playing with airflow in or out the engine. Ive been doing port work for over 10 years now granted most all my work is done on wet manifolds off drag cars. I dont have a dyno in my shop but i do have a flow bench and access to a dyno. when i attach my name to something and claim it makes 20 hp over stock i have paperwork to back it up.

Old 10-30-2012, 08:53 PM
Maurer6156 will become famous soon enough

I back up what Rotti said. How does this help the 4.3 community? Not much ill tell ya what.

Old 12-11-2012, 05:41 PM
BlazerForum Sponsor

Originally Posted by Maurer6156 View Post
I back up what Rotti said. How does this help the 4.3 community? Not much ill tell ya what.
Since we cannot help the 4.3 community, is the opinion of forum members that our becoming a Supporting Vendor of this forum is a poor investment for Peak Speed Shop?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Gain Horsepower by having Peak Speed Shop port your Intake Manifold!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.