Performance & Brainstorming Want to free up some HP? Looking at headers? Ask your performance related questions here!

I put the catalytic converter in backwards

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 07:17 PM
atvwarrior will become famous soon enough
Default I put the catalytic converter in backwards

Heres me being a idiot again , my friend bought a aftermarket converter from summit racing , and after a long day at work I came home and put it in for him , then I notice that there is a inlet and outlet , and of course I have it backwards . I looked at the converter before I put it in and didn't notice a difference in either end . Anyways , my question is should I take it back apart and spin it around the right way , the engine light is off . I can't beleive I did this , try to help somebody out , and make a fool of myself .

Old 05-17-2012, 07:41 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

If it is marked it may matter...but i wouldnt think it would matter...i mean its only allowing exhaust thru and not measuring emmisions...the sensors do all the work...

Old 05-17-2012, 07:44 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Sounds like something i would do...

Id turn it around.....im sure there is a reason why they have arrows on them

Old 05-17-2012, 08:06 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Leave it, if it aint broke, dont fix it

Old 05-17-2012, 08:13 PM

Sorry guys he was pulling my leg , but this does sound like something I could do , man he had me so worried , I think I'm going to have to come up with a good one for him now .

Old 05-17-2012, 08:18 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

LOL. Dang. Tell em you had a bunch of people on a forum tryin to help ya....Demand beer and chicken.

Old 05-18-2012, 03:17 PM

Beer and clams sounds better , and yea I did tell him I posted it on here , and that he made me sound like a retard . But that aint to hard to do , I guess . Thanks for the help though .

Old 05-18-2012, 03:47 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

next time your working on his stuff and he cant see you....stop working and say "ohhh ****..." then toss a broken bolt on the ground before he comes over to see what your doing.

Old 05-19-2012, 06:32 AM

Right , that would get him going . the truck is a 2500 dodge ram with a hemi and when I was pulling it in the shop my wife says ( lets go 4 wheeling ) I hit the brake and tapped the gas a little and both rear tires broke loose , the truck has way more power than I would have thought . Its actully a sweet truck for a dodge .

Old 05-19-2012, 07:40 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

all the magnaflows i put in dont have any direction on it. i just put those junks in which ever way. i always wondered though if it would make a difference.

mess with him back, tell him you think you left a screwdriver in the exhaust pipe or something

Quick Reply: I put the catalytic converter in backwards