Performance & Brainstorming Want to free up some HP? Looking at headers? Ask your performance related questions here!

lookin to play some ass under the hood of my blazer.

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 01:23 PM
FFJustin99Chevy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: lookin to play some *** under the hood of my blazer.

Well-stated Dan!

Old 08-01-2007, 03:16 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Dan,
I was not directing my original statement toward or about you, but rather praising Kyle for his sensible reply. I still stand by the statement I made in that post. Nobody understands the desire for perfomance better than I do since I grew up in the era of the true 'American Muscle Car'. My first new car was a 1970 Plymouth Road Runner with almost twice the power of a Blazer. Over the years I have come to learn and appreciate thatvehicles arecreated to perform a functionby their designers. There is a limit that a particular platform can handle without exceeding its own capabilities and too often people try to pump money and parts at a car to try to make it do what it was never designed to handle. As long as a person understands what they are trying acheive in the way of power upgrades, I say 'Have at it, it's your money.'

Old 08-02-2007, 02:38 AM
non blazing 4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point

We have all been to a car show and you know when you look at a beautiful chevelle that you can almost bet that its going to have something impressive under the hood. But my favorite cars are always the ones where u see a large crowd gathered around a less impressive vehical all sctrachimg there head asking the owner a slew of questions that he answers proudly. Like a dump truck running 12 in the quarter. (just an example). Giving hope to every one who might not own a car build for speed and would rather make it built. Like the guy driving around town in his dulley. It still performs the way the factory wanted it to but unhook that goose neck and all the corvette owners better watch out. Go to youtube and search nelson racing with there 1073hp dyno run with a 4.3. The sky is the limit.

Old 08-06-2007, 03:00 PM

I think i have finally decided to just go with a v8. I was talking to my friend and he said his step dad could possabily install it and for free to. I was just wondering what the cost of the conversion would be. Will it fit my stock trans. What would be the cost if he isnt able to install it and does anyone know any good places to get and engine from. Was hoping for a 5.3 but anything is ok. thanks

Old 08-14-2007, 03:30 PM

Let help please. I found a 4.8l with 108k on it for 350. Problem is there is water in the oil. Could someone tell me what the problem could be and if its worth the 350. He said it could be the intake or head gasket. What would be the worst thing wrong with it and how much the repai would be. Speedy response would be nice. Dont want to lost it if its a good deal
Thanks

Old 08-14-2007, 03:34 PM

Sorry. He said it ran fine when pulled and there was a little coolant in the oil.

Old 08-19-2007, 11:29 PM
Beginning Member
mmench is an unknown quantity at this point

id say head gasket is a goner. im in your boat too. i wanna do the v8 swap to my blazer. i have plenty of resources and tools to do it. i just gota finish my turbo project neon first. im hopin on 12.50's on stock drive train and 10-12 pounds of boost. i know the motor wont hold to many more than a feew months but it'll be fun to do it. then ill do my rebuild and 20+ pounds of boost

Old 08-20-2007, 07:13 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Only way to properly diagnose a head gasket failure is either with a bore scope through the plug hole (since the engine isn't running at the moment, this would work) or a compression test if the engine where installed or atleast on a stand.

Old 11-05-2007, 08:30 AM
blazinblack is an unknown quantity at this point

if your smart you would do full exhaust headers and all or vodoo cams makes a cam that makes your power band from 1500 rpms all the way to 5500 rpms
[align=left] [/align]